2004 Decompression Plug

5 replies to this topic
  • Tucker99

Posted June 14, 2010 - 07:20 AM

Ok, found a lot when searching. Problem is I want to buy the replacemnt part on TT. But I can't find it and the link to the part number isn't working. somebody said member Vibeguy makes the replacement but I can't find him. someone have the correct TT part number.

• jayh300

Posted June 14, 2010 - 08:09 AM

try that one.. that is the only one that comes up.. I was told he was the one that made them. I got mine off ebay , there is a guy there selling them also.. i was told TT no longer sells them...

• grayracer513

Posted June 14, 2010 - 08:10 AM

TT no longer sells those, and Vibeguy had a limited number available. You can find similar units on ebay if you're bent on spending $20 on the thing, but for $0.75 you can have an 18 mm freeze plug from an auto parts store and solve your problem just as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tucker99

Posted June 14, 2010 - 09:25 AM

Ok tried ebay JH and got nothing, you remember the name of the vendor? Gray, the freeze plugs I'm familar with pound in. How is this one held in and do you seal it with permatex? Thanks

• jayh300

Posted June 14, 2010 - 09:49 AM

this is the guy i got mine from.. his listing comes up different and not in the normal ebay search...

Edited by jhendr3702, June 14, 2010 - 10:23 AM.

• jayh300

Posted June 14, 2010 - 10:01 AM

here is a link into the freeze plug type with a pix on install

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.