jetting problem

3 replies to this topic
  • yz450scott

Posted June 13, 2010 - 05:35 PM

I am trying to fix a problem with my jetting I think. My bike runs great, starts find, but is running rich from what the plug looks like. It hesitates a lot from no throttle to 1/4 throttle. After that, all is good. I have dropped the needle on clip and leaned out the pilot let 2x. Which it is now a 38 pilot, 160 main, white brothers e-series pipe with stock head pipe..I am now thinking of leaning out the leak jet...Its a coincidence that I just removed my flywheel weight and rekluse clutch and my muffler broke and now I have jetting problems..I Had the muffler welded and repaired, but when reinstalling it. The exhaust gasket from the pipe to the headpipe fell apart. I put it together the best I could and probably going to buy a new one. Does anyone know if that exhaust gasket could make my bike run rich? Am I doing the right thing? ANyone please help, I am frustrated and have been tweaking my carb for the past 3 weeks...

• Mutu

Posted June 13, 2010 - 05:46 PM

exhaust leaks will really screw with your jetting!

Man, you are lean!!! That thing would be spitting flames when you change the gasket!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz450scott

Posted June 13, 2010 - 06:43 PM

Thanks for the quick response, I hope I got a flamethrower when I repair the exhaust leak..:thumbsup:

• Mutu

Posted June 13, 2010 - 06:48 PM

foot long blue flames! been there, done that :thumbsup:

seriously, new gasket and standard jetting, and it should be sweet.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.