Wr450 07 where do these hoses go?

6 replies to this topic
  • Obijuanx

Posted June 13, 2010 - 10:52 AM

well i took my bike all the way apart and after looking all around i couldnt find a picture of how these hoses fit on the bike.

first pic is the hoses i dont know where they go

Posted Image

i know 2 go here
Posted Image

this is where the coupler goes just need to know which way along with how the hoses go in
Posted Image

i dunno what this attaches to and also what plugs into bottom right spot
Posted Image

any help would be great!! almost done just need to wire it up

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted June 13, 2010 - 11:29 AM

The short answer is that it is all the hoses that connect to the AIS and that there is an online manual here in this forum with a diagram for it. You'd be better off with a blockoff kit and just getting rid of it all.

From what I can recall, The second hose from the left connects to the top of the valve cover and then the "Y" joint to that. From the "Y", the long hose on the left connects to the bottom of the airboot. The short hose connects from the "Y" to the lower case where the starter is. This is basically a drip line to take blown out oil from the valve cover and have it flow back to the lower cases. The long skinny line connects between the AIS on the right side of the engine underneath the tank to the port back near the carb in your 3rd pic. That skinny hose looks way long to me, but my AIS has been off for some time and in a box in the garage. The hose in your last pic, connects to the top of the carb boot in your 3rd to last pic.

Again, if you can find the online manual, it will show the best way to route them to complete the connections above.

Happy plumbing!

• GuyGraham

Posted June 13, 2010 - 11:30 AM

Posted Image

[COLOR="Red"]starting at the left
1st one goes from the bottom of airbox (next to the sealed clear plastic tube that is already there) to the 'Y' piece which as you know mounts onto the carb

2nd from left goes from the cam cover to the 'Y' piece

3rd from left goes from bottom of 'Y' piece to the starter motor housing

4th from left looks like the coolant bottle overflow tube - its not part of the AIS as the previous poster says, as you already have this attached (can see it plugged onto the nipple in pic 3

Y piece mounts onto the carb bracket with two entries upwards, singleentry downwards

[/COLOR]

i know 2 go here
Posted Image

this is where the coupler goes just need to know which way along with how the hoses go in
Posted Image

i dunno what this attaches to and also what plugs into bottom right spot
Posted Image

[COLOR="Red"]This one goes to the top of the airbox boot (its the AIS hose) - get rid of that AIS shit

Hose 3rd from left in first picture attaches to the 'bottom right spot'

There should be coloured dots on the end of each tube and on the 'Y piece so you can match the tube to the correct opening on the 'Y' piece

[/COLOR]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Obijuanx

Posted June 13, 2010 - 11:56 AM

thank you very much for all the help, now i get to move onto blinkers yay!

• tacotory

Posted June 17, 2010 - 07:56 PM

I hope your bike doesn't start to grenade now that it's red...:thumbsup:

• drofman

Posted June 20, 2010 - 09:41 AM

I heard you'll get warts

• odlaw19

Posted June 20, 2010 - 09:17 PM

I hope your bike doesn't start to grenade now that it's red...:thumbsup:

valve problems in T minus 15 hours and counting.... :lol:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.