The trailer as it is now weighs 1790Lbs, but has a GVWR of 7,000 lbs. with the tandem axles which also have electric brakes. I plan on doing the following and keeping the project at $5,000. This is what I plan for modifications:
1) Insulate and panel roof and walls with an R5 insulation and a White Hardboard.
2) Add black and white checkerboard vinyl tiles to Floor and Ramp.
3) I will keep the back 7.5 ft of the trailer for Cargo and fold down beds. I need to install D rings that mount flush with the floor to tie down the bikes.
4) Air conditioner.
5) Portable Toilet
5)6 gal Hot Water Heater
6) 2 Burner Gas Stove Top
7) 3.5 Cubic Ft Refrigerator
9) Cabinets/counter in the front and cabinets along the top sides.
10) Stereo and LCD TV.
12) Wiring for the electrics, plumbing, deep-cycle battery and charger.
13) I am going to talk my sis into sewing velcro on the perimeter of a 6*7 ft piece of screen which I will use to screen the backbend when I feel like having it open on a nice day.
14) Window in front door and RV handle with lock.
15) Rear stabilizer jacks.
16) Some nice Orange KTM Stickers for the sides. :-)
I'll share the photos as I go. I plan on this being a 10 week project as I only have a few hours in the evening to spare.
Edited by FLboy, 13 June 2010 - 04:28 PM.