This is why you don't wheelie a Harley

32 replies to this topic
  • MotoJunkii

Posted June 12, 2010 - 06:52 PM

n'uff said.........sheeesh...

• Canadian144

Posted June 12, 2010 - 07:19 PM

It looked badass though!

He shoulda been wearing a helmet... imagine if he had crashed and hit his head on that big green garbage been...

• jsmall

Posted June 12, 2010 - 07:47 PM

Heck, not the bikes fault....i'm going to blame it on location...a wet dead end alley? come on.

• MotoJunkii

Posted June 12, 2010 - 08:12 PM

I just have a thing against hogs I guess...I'm in my 40's and still don't like many of them...maybe I should have titled the thread "how many things wrong with this picture?"

But true...way too many hazards...to be doing that on any bike really.

1. dead end alley
2. parked vehicles
3. water on the pavement
4. limited run...maybe 100 ft?
5. No helmet
6. Dumpster
7......HARLEY

• defkon99

Posted June 13, 2010 - 08:29 AM

that water didnt help either. again what no helmet too cool i guess

• frog13

Posted July 07, 2010 - 11:49 AM

What a goon!.:)

• Towlieee

Posted July 09, 2010 - 03:51 PM

skill is the only thing wrong with this (well and doing that without a helmet)

Nothing wrong with riding wheelies in water, or crowded areas if you KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

I rode wheelies in our local parade this year, some spots were about 30 foot wide, with our lead vehicle and chase vehicle sometimes within 50 foot of eachother. But I wouldn't put a new rider in that area and tell them to wheelie! lol :)

• zac949

Posted July 18, 2010 - 07:46 AM

If you watch the slo mo replay it looks like he locked up the rear brake! Setting down the front in water will have zero effect on the rear sliding out. He made a poor split second decision to hit the rear brake hard. as mentioned the dead end alley did not help. And where was his freaking helmet? what a douche!

• clubwfo

Posted July 25, 2010 - 05:09 AM

it kills me not wearing a helmet what an idiot thats a good way to become :smirk: and ya lets head right for the dumpster :smirk:

• Evosnake

Posted July 25, 2010 - 10:32 AM

Its worrying how everyone watching casually stroll towards him! :smirk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • warmachine

Posted August 07, 2010 - 10:54 AM

haha that is great!! Its not like he crashed hard so why would the bystanders be in a panic to get it him if he is stitting up.. :banana:

• FMX ZAK

Posted August 27, 2010 - 07:06 PM

hehehe...goon

• beegreenstrings

Posted September 02, 2010 - 03:53 AM

:bonk:

Never did like HD's much...

• bikeride4fun

Posted September 02, 2010 - 04:00 AM

Well the ol boy did give it a good try.....I cant bash Harley`s since thats how I make a living.....

• MOTOPHILE

Posted September 02, 2010 - 04:21 AM

If only one day I could be half the rider and as cool as that guy. Cruising "skills" are a dead end alley... I had a friend who was buddies with a guy that got a new Harley. He let my friend take it for a ride. Who knew you are supposed to lean to corner and not just yank the bars where you want to go? Long story short... broke both legs and totaled a new bike. No video though....

• another drz guy

Posted September 04, 2010 - 12:33 AM

Super tard, here to save the day.

Wear a helmet ass.

Edited by another drz guy, September 04, 2010 - 12:34 AM.
Dupe

• Chokey

Posted September 04, 2010 - 01:11 AM

The correct title to this thread should have been "this is why idiots shouldn't ride motorcycles"...

• RDZombie

Posted September 30, 2010 - 04:01 PM

reason number one not to wheelie a harley, theyre too damn over priced/expensive to risk it :smirk:

• sukikid

Posted October 12, 2010 - 05:07 PM

cant say Ive never done stupid no helmet wheelies but never on a dead end road.

• ktm450guy

Posted October 12, 2010 - 06:24 PM

Hes on a harley,too cool to wear a helmet.All you need on a harley is a head band and a chain driven wallet.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.