wr400 water going to expantion tank?

5 replies to this topic
  • higgy456

Posted June 12, 2010 - 11:36 AM

Can anyone help me please , i have just rebuild my bike after detonation and its running ok except it keeps overheating , when i put water in the radiator the pressure builds and pushes the water to the expantion tank, please note that i have just tried to reseat the valves so i was kind of thinking it was down to the shims being the wrong sizes what do you guys think?:thumbsup:

• William1

Posted June 12, 2010 - 01:42 PM

If, with a full radiator, radiator cap off, engine running, you dsee bubbles, you have a bad head gasket/waped head/poorly fitted oring. If it looks good, it could well be just a bad radiator cap.

• higgy456

Posted June 12, 2010 - 02:03 PM

so if i see bubbles coming up then there is a prob with the gasket/o rings or warped head?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted June 13, 2010 - 03:01 AM

Yes, that is correct

• tt3506spd

Posted June 13, 2010 - 03:18 AM

And that means a lot of $$$$$ down the drain.....

• eu001939

Posted June 13, 2010 - 10:04 AM

Is the water pump working and are all the hoses connected correctly ?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.