Pilot Jet (how tight?)

7 replies to this topic
  • climaxx dirtbikes

Posted June 10, 2010 - 05:15 PM

Brand New 07' wr450 Should I be able to get the pilot jet out just by hand strength on a small flat head screwdriver. I am changing my jets w/out removing the carb and its the hardest one to get at. I thought it would loosen by hand and I dont want to booger up the jet. Thanks ahead.

Edited by climaxx dirtbikes, June 10, 2010 - 05:16 PM.
forgot info

• The Spanky

Posted June 10, 2010 - 05:18 PM

Don't use a screw driver, use a nut driver so you don't damage it. I think it's 6mm.

• grayracer513

Posted June 10, 2010 - 05:49 PM

The pilot jet? Nope, it's a screw slot. If it's that tight, you may have to remove the carb. At the least you'll want to fit a screwdriver to the full size of the jet well.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=556427

• The Spanky

Posted June 10, 2010 - 05:54 PM

The pilot jet? Nope, it's a screw slot. If it's that tight, you may have to remove the carb. At the least you'll want to fit a screwdriver to the full size of the jet well.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=556427

Oops, you're right, for some reason I had "main jet" on the brain...:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mrmonk7663

Posted June 10, 2010 - 06:30 PM

I usually push really hard down while turning. It helps to unseat the threads.

• climaxx dirtbikes

Posted June 11, 2010 - 04:41 AM

Gotcha. By the way I broke a little piece of the black well that surrounds the jet. That wont effect anything will it?

• grayracer513

Posted June 11, 2010 - 05:47 AM

If you mean the plastic baffle that encircles the main jet, it shouldn't hurt anything as long as it really is a little piece. If you broke half of it off, you might want to buy one.

• climaxx dirtbikes

Posted June 12, 2010 - 03:15 AM

Finally finished jetting my bike. Runs AWESOME!! 168MJ, 48PJ, All free mods, FMF Powercore 4, yz throttle stop. (its unreal how much more power their is with the right throttle stop)

Thanks a bunch TTer's

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.