2009 WR450 and YZ450 seat - interchangeable?

4 replies to this topic
  • JMo

Posted June 09, 2010 - 12:58 PM

Hi guys -

The title says it all really! - does anyone know if a 2009 model YZF450 seat will fit on a WR450F and vice versa?

I presume the 250 seat is also the same [as the 450], and if so, that they are interchangeable too?

The reason I ask is a need a new seat base to recover, and have only seen YZF ones available...

Many thanks,

J xx

• danfromnb

Posted June 09, 2010 - 01:09 PM

I've read here on TT that the yzf seat needs to be cut underneath to clear the wr's battery but besides that it'll fit. I haven't tried it myself so I can't be certain.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JMo

Posted June 09, 2010 - 01:42 PM

Ah yes, or course - the battery...

Thanks for the heads-up Dan...

If anyone has any more info, pictures, please let me know... you see I have a pretty much brand new WR seat and I really don't want to rip it apart and reshape/recover it if I can find a suitable alternative...

J xx

• JDLowrance

Posted June 09, 2010 - 05:38 PM

They are not interchangable. The WR seat has a couple of tabs on the bottom that slide into slots on the frame. The YZ seat does not. It has one tab that slides into the middle slot of a YZ.

Didn't explain it very well, sorry.

• JMo

Posted June 10, 2010 - 12:08 AM

Don't worry, that is a perfect explanation - and has saved me a [relatively] expensive mistake...

Thanks guys!

J xx

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.