2011 WR450F unchanged

22 replies to this topic
  • YamaLink

Posted June 09, 2010 - 12:38 PM

If the info at the Canada Yamaha site holds true, the 2011 WR450F gets BNG. Again.

http://yamaha-motor....n=ov&model=3576

• JSanfilippo

Posted June 09, 2010 - 07:51 PM

On the one hand I'm bummed because yamaha seems to be playing the "XR" card with the WR line (I.E. pumping out the same stuff, year after year, with BNG's).

On the other hand the WR I own is set up perfectly for me and I have better things to spend my money on.

• jaked02

Posted June 09, 2010 - 07:52 PM

FML, I am ready to buy a new bike too! but I dont need BNG's

• ASternad

Posted June 09, 2010 - 08:03 PM

I tend to look at the bright side.
The aftermarket stuff for 07-10 models will continue to thrive and be plentiful.
Big Blue is less of a offender of this, but Husky makes wild swings with there line up every year and it causes limited access to aftermarket/oem goodness.

Just saying.

• seanwr250

Posted June 09, 2010 - 11:10 PM

If the info at the Canada Yamaha site holds true, the 2011 WR450F gets BNG. Again.

http://yamaha-motor....n=ov&model=3576

What would you have them change?

have a 2006 wr450f and have only changed the exhaust system for the 4.1 system and un-corked it. boom bike is perfect.... well front forks are shit but sorting them

• SPLATT

Posted June 10, 2010 - 01:35 AM

The only thing I could ask for from a new WR is F.I. hell they don't even need to change the rest of the engine configuration and I'd still be happy with it.

Steve

• homer2000

Posted June 10, 2010 - 03:00 PM

Hey don't mean to sound dumb but, what do you mean by BGN,
about the 2011 wr450f

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted June 10, 2010 - 03:09 PM

Hey don't mean to sound dumb but, what do you mean by BGN,
about the 2011 wr450f

Brand New Graphics

• rkwfxd1

Posted June 10, 2010 - 09:19 PM

Sooo dont care. I am totally happy with my 09 and have no plans to buy another bike for many years.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted June 10, 2010 - 09:22 PM

Sooo dont care. I am totally happy with my 09 and have no plans to buy another bike for many years.

Agreed. I have an 05 and I'm smiling from ear to ear when I'm riding it. When it wears out, I'll upgrade.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • shrubitup

Posted June 10, 2010 - 09:45 PM

I tend to look at the bright side.
The aftermarket stuff for 07-10 models will continue to thrive and be plentiful.
Big Blue is less of a offender of this, but Husky makes wild swings with there line up every year and it causes limited access to aftermarket/oem goodness.

Just saying.

plus one

• Mutu

Posted June 10, 2010 - 11:47 PM

stuff that! I want a new bike, with new engine, latest suspension, and EFI!!!

• tribalbc

Posted June 11, 2010 - 07:15 AM

stuff that! I want a new bike, with new engine, latest suspension, and EFI!!!

Well right now the new YZ is so unrideable offroad that all the Yamaha offroad racers are on WR450's or YZ250 smokers. We should start seeing even more good aftermarket stuff with this trend :thumbsup:
So maybe some bugs have to be worked out before this new motor config is fine tuned. Getting a decent sized gas tank in there is going to be an issue as well....

• Mutu

Posted June 11, 2010 - 01:17 PM

Gas tank is the only issue i see.

• WR_Dave

Posted June 11, 2010 - 01:55 PM

My '07 is working like a fine Swis.... uughh Japanese watch, and I am hoping they get the YZ's power delivery figured out before it shows up on the WR's anyway. They need to get a bigger tank or an aftermartket one that retrofits all of the EFI stuff onto it. It would be nice if there was a 3 position switch on the handle bar to choose between different maps, IE: mud , max power and somewhere in between or custom and they need to get past the current ugly plastics that are on the YZ's IMHO. Still a good bike that isn't really getting left behind yet! WR Dave

• Rafe

Posted June 11, 2010 - 02:00 PM

Would have been nice with E.F.I tho

• tribalbc

Posted June 11, 2010 - 03:41 PM

Gas tank is the only issue i see.

Power delivery is too abrupt for offroad hence all the offroaders racing WR's this year.

• Mutu

Posted June 11, 2010 - 03:56 PM

Power delivery is too abrupt for offroad hence all the offroaders racing WR's this year.

LOL! That's what I want! A bike you don't have to touch!!!

Shit man, I spent so much money on my bike giving it brass balls, a bike with power from factory would be sweet.

Too unruly for you? Flywheel weight and efi map tuning should do the trick.

I've ridden '10 YZ450's, I didn't think that they were that bad?

• tribalbc

Posted June 11, 2010 - 04:26 PM

LOL! That's what I want! A bike you don't have to touch!!!

Shit man, I spent so much money on my bike giving it brass balls, a bike with power from factory would be sweet.

Too unruly for you? Flywheel weight and efi map tuning should do the trick.

I've ridden '10 YZ450's, I didn't think that they were that bad?

Well I have no personal experience with the 10 YZ only hearsay and rumor is they've been having problems calming the YZ's power delivery. But I do ride alot of tight woods so I like lots of power but smooth. I have YZ cams, high compression piston and a YZ exhaust on my bike. Lot's of power but smooth.
For example I owned a 02 CRF450 before and that thing had brutal power delivery for tight woods.
Was great in the desert or MX track but didn't suit me in the woods.

• Mutu

Posted June 11, 2010 - 04:52 PM

I actually prefer the 250f in the tight stuff. So much easier to keep the thing tapped!
Same goes with 250 2t's. Thats why GNCC racers still use them!
I shouldn't have sold my yz250wr. That thing was the best.....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.