Anyone running 22mm offset tripple clamps?

3 replies to this topic
  • live_to_ride

Posted June 05, 2003 - 07:54 PM

What did they do? Are they worth the $$$$? :) thanks

• Chaindrive

Posted June 06, 2003 - 03:31 AM

I am no expert, but awhile back I considered bidding on a set of Scott's upper and lower clamps on ebay. They changed the offset of the '98 and '99 models to be the same as what the slight (shorter/closer steering head) frame change made in '00 does: quicker steering/better cornering. At least that is how it was explained to me. How many millimeters difference I can't recall. Are these what you are asking about?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FNG241_WR450F

Posted June 06, 2003 - 08:15 AM

Check out the above link. They just did a review on a new set by BPR.

• Jonesy920

Posted June 06, 2003 - 11:20 AM

I haven't had any problems with "head Shake" or twitchy front end on mine. I have the front shocks up 5mm and the rear wheel moved forward. Grant it I don't ride 80mph ie; desert racing, but I think the adding of a stabilizer was more than enough to compensate for the geometry change. My bike is alot quicker in the tight stuff w/out giving up high speed stability. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.