Anyplace have the +9.21 oz flywheel for 06-09's in stock?

4 replies to this topic
  • DaJudge

Posted June 08, 2010 - 06:14 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]Does anyone know of a place that has these (GYT-2S297-50-50) in stock?

I have one on order at Yamaha of Cucamonga (they have it discounted to $89.21), but it's on "national backorder" with an expected availability of 7-15. I'd love to be able to snag one sooner if I can.

BTW- The amount and quality of the info contained in these forums is phenomenal. I've learned so very much helpful stuff just by running searches and reading the posts. I'm getting back into riding off-road late in life and recently picked up an '06 YZ450F just for fun (I'm almost 50 and ride on the road regularly with an '07 FJR1300) . Thanks to this forum, I've now figured out the normal maintenance stuff (including checking valves) and am in the middle of installing new steering bearings (a friend has a hydraulic press:) ). After that, I'll check and re-pack the swingarm bearings while switching to a 51t rear.

One question for Grayracer513 - is there anything that you don't know about these bikes?:lol::worthy::thumbsup:[/COLOR]

• WB450

Posted June 09, 2010 - 07:49 AM

Not sure.

http://yamahaoftroy....ad_Flywheel.htm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DaJudge

Posted June 09, 2010 - 08:14 AM

Not sure.

http://yamahaoftroy....ad_Flywheel.htm

[COLOR="Blue"]Just called them. No juice. Thanks anyway though.[/COLOR]

• AquaNut

Posted June 09, 2010 - 04:15 PM

Just bought an 08 YZ450F and love it! I do notice the bike has a tendancy to stall; does the flywheel fix this issue?

Any other advantages to the aftermarket flywheel?

thanks!

[COLOR="Blue"]Does anyone know of a place that has these (GYT-2S297-50-50) in stock?

I have one on order at Yamaha of Cucamonga (they have it discounted to $89.21), but it's on "national backorder" with an expected availability of 7-15. I'd love to be able to snag one sooner if I can.

BTW- The amount and quality of the info contained in these forums is phenomenal. I've learned so very much helpful stuff just by running searches and reading the posts. I'm getting back into riding off-road late in life and recently picked up an '06 YZ450F just for fun (I'm almost 50 and ride on the road regularly with an '07 FJR1300) . Thanks to this forum, I've now figured out the normal maintenance stuff (including checking valves) and am in the middle of installing new steering bearings (a friend has a hydraulic press:) ). After that, I'll check and re-pack the swingarm bearings while switching to a 51t rear.

One question for Grayracer513 - is there anything that you don't know about these bikes?:lol::worthy::thumbsup:[/COLOR]

• DaJudge

Posted June 09, 2010 - 04:46 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]The short answer based on all the threads I've read is - yes.

Take a look at this thread - http://www.thumperta...flywheel yz450f[/COLOR]

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.