WR400 2000 Not Starting After Carb Clean

6 replies to this topic
  • Mr-Brightside

Posted June 08, 2010 - 02:59 PM

I cleaned my carb out today all the jets etc...

Put it back on the bike and the bike is now an uteer cont to start:bonk

I have managed to start it by basically opening the throttle as wide as it goes and kicking it through.,It fired up but I had to hold my foot down on the kickstart for a little while to get it going...

when u come to restart it...its proves very hard.,,

any ideas?

• William1

Posted June 08, 2010 - 04:09 PM

You have the vacuum release plate on the slide upside down. S/B square end down

• Mr-Brightside

Posted June 09, 2010 - 01:35 AM

There is no vacum on the carb it's a uk spec bike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted June 09, 2010 - 05:47 AM

Yes, there is, it is a part on the slide.

• Mr-Brightside

Posted June 09, 2010 - 01:54 PM

I can't see a Vacum Release plate on the carb diagram in the workshop manual? Maybe its called somthing else..

Anyway I never took the slide out....

• William1

Posted June 09, 2010 - 02:54 PM

Try another, new pilot jet.

• co-rydr

Posted June 14, 2010 - 10:47 PM

Hey, listen to William 1! I had a starting problem on my 02 wr426 and he said don't clean the pilot just put a new one in. If I would have done that right away I would have saved myself a couple days of troubleshooting.
Good Luck...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.