00WR400 radiator cap change

2 replies to this topic
  • surfdog

Posted June 05, 2003 - 04:04 PM

I recently installed a muffler insert in my 400 and leaned out the jetting to get some of my power back. Now the bike over heats in real tight terrain. Stock cap is a 1.1. Can I go to a slightly higher pressure cap and if so where can I get one?

Thanks,

Glenn

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Butta

Posted June 06, 2003 - 10:12 AM

I threw away the coolant overflow bottle and the 1.1 psi cap a few years ago. I use a KX500 cap (1.6 psi I think) and haven't had ANY problems..... :)

• YAMAKAZE

Posted June 07, 2003 - 01:50 AM

Go to your local auto parts store with your stock cap and match it with a standard 16 lb cap off the shelf....Your overheating problem will then be resolved.... I've been racing with a 16 pounder for 3 years with great success. The higher the cap pressure the more it raises the boiling point.

Bonzai :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.