4 stroke virgin

1 reply to this topic
  • 92rmx250

Posted June 08, 2010 - 12:14 AM

ok i have owned 2 rmx 250 2ts and am thinking of up grading was going to get a yz250 2t round the 05 area but have been thinkn about geting a 4 stroke have neva owned one before though and have only ever ridden 06 yzf250 and wasnt really impressed, i dont know much about them maintance wise or how long the motors last im preaty hesitant about getting one as they cost a fair amount from what ive heard would like to get a yzf 450 woundering on what year would be recomnend ? and things to watch out 4 etc

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blakers213

Posted June 08, 2010 - 10:53 AM

Yamaha 4 strokes are one of the best at going a while without valves needing adjusting. I just go overboard with maintenence by cleaning the air filter and changing oil more often than I should and I don't have any problems. As far as what years to get it is just like any bike each year they improve things, usually little things. Suspenion wise it with be a huge improvement over you current bike. Engine wise the 06's felt more powerful. I have an 09 and they made the power smooth almost to a fault where it feels weak down in the low RPM's. I suggest to find one to ride first and then make a decision. Some people love 4 strokes, some people love 2 strokes.

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.