cost of flywheel wieghts

5 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 13, 2001 - 07:48 AM

What do flywheel wieghts cost over there?
they are around £100 here [$150]
just seems a lot for what is at the end of the day just a small loop of metal

• dirtdad

Posted January 13, 2001 - 07:53 AM

Check out www.strokerspeed.com
I'm sure there's alot more to choose from out there. Just a sample. Look in the YZF 400/426 section.

• Taffy

Posted January 14, 2001 - 02:46 PM

sandracer

go to the advert in TMX marked 'american imports'-he's very good. i got one off him (10oz) 'package opened' for £90 'steely'($140). he's a really nice guy from the west country.

for enduro my wr was given a 10 oz FW-perfect. for a YZ doing enduro in our english gloop i would go for the full 12 oz gloop loop. don't forget that the YZ flywheel is already 10/15 oz lighter (someone correct me on this please).

Taffy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sandracer_uk

Posted January 15, 2001 - 10:06 PM

thanks taffy for the advice ill give the guy a ring.
any advice for a novice rider competing in his first enduro?

• Taffy

Posted January 15, 2001 - 12:53 PM

you're at milton keynes aren't you? that'll be the circuit at whaddon. what a bitch that was last year. you're gonna die!

advice? the more you can rev it the more s*** flies off your rear tyre. the more s*** that flies off your rear tyre the more chance it'll plop off your front & actually let you steer! catch 22.

make sure you're gearing is high. big rear. so that you can paddle it without stalling it. other than that good luck.

jeff cobb-american imports-01455 554467.

Taffy

• Sandracer_uk

Posted January 16, 2001 - 03:23 AM

thanks again for the advice,
not so sure i liked the bit about me gonna die tho,,,,, but GAME ON!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.