Fair price for my WR400F CA plated

4 replies to this topic
  • bultaco

Posted June 06, 2010 - 05:14 PM

I have owned this great bike for 2 years. Always garaged under cover. I have only ridden it off road on 4 occasions during this time. It was plated in 1999 by the first and prior owner. I have the original paper stating dual registration in 1999.

I have spent much more time just improving her in the garage...just as much fun and a good stress relief...tinkering. I am very meticulous with my things...One look at the bike and it is obvious the care which has been taken.

California street licensed with current plate. (post 2002 plated dirt bikes, their plates can be pulled by DMV at will per regulations.
(bikes plated prior to 2002 are grandfathered).

Hot Cams Autodecompression exhaust cam for easier starting. Original decompression lever left on for redundancy. (have original cam in good shape).
Carb has been refreshed with all new jets, gaskets, extended fuel screw, AP squirt modification with new diaphram.
JD jet kit installed (second needle included as well as instruction kit)
Renthal handle bars
Pirelli M21's front tire (DOT legal) One 20mi ride on them
Trak Master rear tire (DOT legal) One 20mi ride on them
New brake pads front and rear.
Aftermarket header (better exhaust flow and can now remove oil filter without removing header :thumbsup: )
White Brothers "E" series exhaust.
New throttle cable.
New shift lever.
GYT-R skid plate and frame guards.
Takasago Excel rims.
Two full version shop manuals.
Oil just changed.
Baja Designs odometer, and blinker kit (blinkers have to be connected. I bought bike this way, just didn't need them). I have the original "trip meter also.

Pics:

http://s399.photobuc...ultaco/WR 400F/

Thanks for your time and insight.

Edited by bultaco, June 07, 2010 - 11:37 AM.
adding photos

• JSanfilippo

Posted June 06, 2010 - 07:13 PM

Ehh those old war horses are worthless. I'll do you a favor and take it off your hands for ya! :lol:

I hope you realize I'm kidding. :lol: I actually saw the craigslist posting and I have to commend you on the job you did keeping that thing sanitary :thumbsup: IMO the asking price is fair and you shouldn't have any trouble finding a buyer thats looking for a reasonable alternative to a $9k KTM EXC-R.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted June 06, 2010 - 10:05 PM

You bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I would think you should start somewhere around $2200 and see what kind of interest you get. It is an older bike and the extras that you have don't do much to increase the value, although it might make it a bit easier to sell.

this is a bike that you keep and ride....

• resinlips

Posted June 07, 2010 - 05:48 PM

Pure sweetness but I dont think that odo cable would last the first mile where I ride. Is that the stock routing for it? Perfect bike for my kid to join me on dual sport rides with. Phoking cash poor right now or I'd pick it up.
What part of Caligula are you in.

• JSanfilippo

Posted June 07, 2010 - 08:02 PM

Pure sweetness but I dont think that odo cable would last the first mile where I ride. Is that the stock routing for it? Perfect bike for my kid to join me on dual sport rides with. Phoking cash poor right now or I'd pick it up.
What part of Caligula are you in.

IIRC the CL ad said the bike was in the FH area.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.