Dirt bike movie

18 replies to this topic
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted June 05, 2003 - 07:21 AM

Gentlemen, and I use the term loosely,
Some time in the month of April or May there was a discussion on a new dirt bike movie that was said to be in second place right behind "On Any Sunday" as far as quality goes. I cannot remember the name or the posters and I have looked in the "search" and found nothing. Can someone help out a fellow WR 450 rider?
Thanx Jim

• BrandonW

Posted June 05, 2003 - 07:31 AM

Time To Ride.

Hick has just recently evaluated the second edition.

Not a bad word to be heard on the set....

• MOmilkman

Posted June 05, 2003 - 07:40 AM

Hey Jim,

If your intrested, I have a copy of Time To Ride (VHS) that I dont watch anymore. Perfect shape.

You want it, its yours for $10 shipped to your door. :)

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted June 05, 2003 - 07:57 AM

MoMilkman,
I'll take you up on that offer. e-mail me directions as to how I should send it and where, and I will e-mail my address to you.
Thanx Jim :)

• MOmilkman

Posted June 05, 2003 - 09:13 AM

Ok Jim, Its yours.

Ok heres the deal, Brandon would like to see it too, so if its ok with you, Im gonna ship it to him and then have him mail it to you. When you get it, send me the money.

Cool with everyone? :)

• BrandonW

Posted June 05, 2003 - 09:38 AM

How about this? Darin ships it to me, I send Darin $5.00, I make a copy of it, then I send it to Jim in SoOre, he keeps the original, an sends Darin the other $5.00?

If that works, it works!

If Jim just wants it, he spoke first, and I am OK with that.

Ball is in Jim's court.....

:)

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted June 05, 2003 - 09:44 AM

O.K. O.K.
You guys are tuff to deal with.. Send it to Branden first and he can send it on to me. :)
Thanx, Jim

• MOmilkman

Posted June 05, 2003 - 10:39 AM

Were just trying to make this thing as complicated as possible for you Jim. LOL

You guys can just send funds to my PayPal when you each get the tape. PayPal - darin@cleanlink.net :)

• Hick

Posted June 05, 2003 - 11:01 AM

Gentlemen, and I use the term loosely,
Some time in the month of April or May there was a discussion on a new dirt bike movie that was said to be in second place right behind "On Any Sunday" as far as quality goes. I cannot remember the name or the posters and I have looked in the "search" and found nothing. Can someone help out a fellow WR 450 rider?
Thanx Jim

Somebody on the Red side just posted how this was the best moto video they'd seen since On Any Sunday:

The Great Outdoors (from No Fear MX)

I haven't seen it, but apparently it is a documentary, more or less, of the '02 AMA Nationals. I think I'm going to order it, but I doubt I will enjoy any vid more than Time To Ride, I or II. I'm an off-road guy. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted June 05, 2003 - 12:15 PM

Hmmm, Hadnt heard of that one yet.

That video dosent sound too bad, at least you wont have to watch 45 minutes of freestyle. :)

• HighPlainsWR

Posted June 05, 2003 - 06:02 PM

Yo jim. Disney is doing a sequel to the movie "Motocrosssed" for general theater release in 2004. Disney is pumping some good cash in to the movie too. You can view the trailer on thier web site. "Day in the Dirt" it's not, but my kids will dig it.

• FTD

Posted August 30, 2003 - 02:02 PM

You want to see a good video get Revelation 199. Awesome!
Hoss

• james_b

Posted August 30, 2003 - 05:35 PM

FTD, hom much do you want for a copy of Revelation? I've been wanting to see Pastrami's flips into the canyon! I can send a check............

• ddialogue

Posted August 31, 2003 - 04:52 PM

Pastrami doesn't do the backflip into the canyon in that video. It's still a great video, though. :)

• MOmilkman

Posted September 01, 2003 - 04:26 PM

Pastrami doesn't do the backflip into the canyon in that video. It's still a great video, though. :D

He does do some awesome jumping out at Cooperland in the video though. (I think with Kenny Bartam) He tries pulling of this insane trick, which Im not sure has ever been done.

I cant remember, did he do it? :) I dont think so... :D
(Im not even going to try to describe the trick)

• GrahamO

Posted September 01, 2003 - 05:33 PM

How about this? Darin ships it to me, I send Darin $5.00, I make a copy of it, then I send it to Jim in SoOre, he keeps the original, an sends Darin the other $5.00?

How about this:
Darin sends me the movie. Then you and Jim both send me $5? That should work, right?

• lipskid

Posted September 01, 2003 - 05:40 PM

"The Great Outdoors" is a very well done vidio. The best I've seen in a long time. It almost makes me want to take up moto-x(almost :)). I just bought the new special edition, 100 minutes of more footage/interviews. Haven't watched it yet. Is "Time to Ride" available commercialy?

• WR_Dave

Posted September 01, 2003 - 05:55 PM

Check out " www.dirttv.net " and have a look at the " Just Ride" video. It's an offroad video shot entirely in Alberta Canada. It's one hour long and features the Alberta cross-country series among other things. It's pretty good for a low budget effort. My .02----WR Dave. :)

• Hick

Posted September 01, 2003 - 06:43 PM

Is "Time to Ride" available commercialy?

Not sure what you mean by that, but I saw a copy of it at a Cycle Gear shop in NM last week.

Order it direct:

Motohed

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.