Should I ask for my Baffle back?

4 replies to this topic
  • jw423

Posted April 12, 2010 - 05:36 PM

I just bought a 09 WR450 and started the mods on it. When I went to remove the small baffle the whole thing is missing. Unlike on most of the instructions on TT the whole small baffle at the end is gone. Not just the small portion that is removed by drilling the rivits.

Quite strange that none of the other mods have been done. I can't imagine why they would just do the one thing. They meaning the dealer.

Anyway, should I be concerned? Or just be fine with it the way it is. I don't want to go asking for something that I just want half of, if there is no reason to even ask.

Thanks

• atitagain

Posted April 13, 2010 - 05:25 AM

I would ask for it. The bike is VERY loud without it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted April 13, 2010 - 07:07 AM

I WOULDN'T ask for it back...the stock exhaust is heavy and very restrictive :lol:

I would ditch the stock exhaust all together and install an aftermarket one (you can get quite aftermarket exhaust BTW) :thumbsup:

• erickdj

Posted April 13, 2010 - 08:01 AM

It's not THAT loud, not even close to how loud pretty much any aftermarket exhaust is.

• jw423

Posted April 13, 2010 - 12:08 PM

It's not THAT loud, not even close to how loud pretty much any aftermarket exhaust is.

Are you or did you use the stock muffler with the whole baffle removed? Did you have just the pea shooter off at some time also? If so what differences did you notice?

Thanks again

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.