Which Model Unabiker for YZ Tank & Shrouds on a WR426

3 replies to this topic
  • Pooley

Posted April 12, 2010 - 04:48 PM

Today I went on a shopping spree with my saved up winter cash, and bought some YZ goodies for my 01WR426:

IMS YZ 3.4 gal blue tank
Polisport YZ shrouds and front fender
Fluidyne Radiators since mine are twisted and bent (but don't leak).

My question is which Unabiker guard do I need? The TT store (and Unabiker website) show a different model number for the YZ and the WR. I called Unabiker today but had to leave a message. I would like to order the guards as soon as possible so I figured I would ask anyone here with experience. Do I buy the WR or YZ model?

Thanks.

• grayracer513

Posted April 12, 2010 - 07:11 PM

The guards will need to match the radiators. If you bought WR rads, buy WR guards.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pooley

Posted April 12, 2010 - 08:54 PM

There appears to only be one model of Fluidyne radiators for a 426. Each side has a specific part number, but there is a common part number for both the WR and YZ. Unless I am reading things wrong:

http://shop.thumpert...t.asp?p=483&s=2

Just a bit confused as to WHY Unabiker would have different part numbers if the radiators are exactly the same, unless it has to do with the gas tank and shrouds.

• tek_01

Posted April 13, 2010 - 03:24 PM

I cant comment exactly on the 426 but my 05 YZ450F the Unabiker guards mount to the radiator tabs next to the frame and the outer parts of the radiator brace are bolted together, so you buy for what radiators you have on there. If the fluidyne ones are a different shape/width/length than the standard ones you "may" run into troubles.
Best best is to call Unabiker as I have heard they have really good customer service.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.