Do I have Showa or Kayaba forks?

1 reply to this topic
  • toyota_mdt_tech

Posted June 04, 2003 - 03:35 PM

Well, resealed my front forks and now need to add oil. The factory manual says "01" oil only, so I checked it out found out I need to know if its a Showa or Kayaba forks? Its a 2001 WR426FN and I see nothing on any part of the fork. I guess you need to use 85/150 (very light) oil for Showas and 125/150 (light) for Kayaba though, the difference wouldnt be noticeable to me as I'm not a pro rider, just a trail rider with buddies. And these new measurements are nothing I've seen before, I remember 0,5, 10,15 wt oils etc. Oh well, this is the first time I've ever service upsidedown forks and it went perfectly.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted June 04, 2003 - 04:03 PM

That's weird, I never noticed that in the manual. Pretty sure I used Spectro 10 wt in my '01 YZ.

You have Kayabas.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.