Headlight switch Help--I blow at wiring.

4 replies to this topic
  • darthling

Posted April 12, 2010 - 08:44 AM

I purchased the Tusk Enduro Lighting kit, which by the is way cheep and pretty decent. I got all the blinkers, brake, horn etc. working. However, I'm not sure how to splice in and hookup the head light switch (High, lo, and off). I see the stock Yellow, Black and Blue wires running to the headlight. The Tusk kit has a Black - Headlight main, White - Low beam, and Dark Blue - High beam. I'm not sure what to do, I'm not a wiring junkie, can anyone tell me how to hook this thing up? Oh, I have an 04 WR450.

• stinky2

Posted April 12, 2010 - 08:10 PM

Checkout Rockymountainatv They have a youtube video on the tusk install.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • darthling

Posted April 13, 2010 - 07:01 AM

Thanks, but it only tells you what the wires are for, not where to splice them.

• William1

Posted April 13, 2010 - 02:22 PM

Black to black ground
Blue to White (Should be low beam)
Dark Blue to Yellow (Should be high beam)

Use the OEM style connector, do not just splice the wires.

• darthling

Posted April 13, 2010 - 05:08 PM

Thanks, turned I was making it much more difficult that it is...assuming I did it right, but it works. I left the black wire from the head light alone. Tapped the black wire from the switch into the brown one coming out of the power button and then cut the others and attached them to the corresponding ones from the switch.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.