jay map

14 replies to this topic
  • delmas

Posted April 11, 2010 - 04:09 PM

I used the Jay Marmount map today.
It ran really good I may stick with this one .

• gfmoto

Posted April 11, 2010 - 09:11 PM

i've had that one for a couple of rides now, I think it works great with my stock pipe, I wasn't as impressed with the dr. d pipe and that map, it was missing too much low end

• freerider_australia

Posted April 11, 2010 - 11:04 PM

that map was done for the stock pipe
i put this in someone else bike they where impressed his was stock pipe as well

• fraser

Posted April 12, 2010 - 02:23 AM

Me too, running it on a standard pipe and really like it

• CaptainKnobby

Posted June 06, 2010 - 10:46 AM

I would like to find somebody that has made a map for the FMF 4.1. I wounder if the J map would be good for this pipe?

I'll have to try it when I go riding again.

• FUJIMO-33

Posted March 06, 2011 - 12:12 PM

where do you get jay map from?

• brentn

Posted March 06, 2011 - 12:40 PM

Sticky in the top of the forum, plug in the numbers into one of the 9 maps on the tuner and then upload it to the bike. There are timing and fuel adjustments for the marmot map.
I used it all of last season and it just hauled ass, I really liked it.

Recently I bought a power commander and since then I have used the dyno jet maps for the bike and left the tuner at 0's for timing and fuel.
Bike hauls just as fast as it did with the marmot map, I'm really curious to see how it runs when I run the marmot timing with the dyno jet fuel map!!!! Only a month or so away from riding, time will tell!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chazmagnum

Posted March 06, 2011 - 02:03 PM

4.1 FMF is amazing with this map ( Slip - on )

• SEOINAGE

Posted March 06, 2011 - 06:21 PM

I have the stock exhaust as well and ran this map all day yesterday and really liked how it felt, overall improvement over stock, bike just ran really well. I also put a larger rear sprocket on which made things a lot nicer too, and changed the front tire.

• Chazmagnum

Posted March 06, 2011 - 06:29 PM

Get a fmf or yosh slip on. It is a huge difference. I also run a 13/50.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted March 06, 2011 - 07:44 PM

Get a fmf or yosh slip on. It is a huge difference. I also run a 13/50.

That is the same setup as I have except my FMF 4.1 is the the full system with megabomb header. It seems to do well with the Jay map so I just have it set with that map.

• swaldrop

Posted March 06, 2011 - 08:10 PM

I run 13/50, have a Yosh slip on and tried a bunch of different maps, including the Jay Marmont map. I ended up going back to the stock map. To me, it just seems as though this pipe was built with the stock map in mind (pretty sure that is EXACTLY how it was built). There is no question to me that it runs better stock. I never tried any other maps with the stock pipe however, so I am sure that makes a difference.

I struggled with this bike when I first got it. Coming off of my well worn '08, this thing needed a little massaging. I immediately changed gearing to what I was running before (13/50), increased the sag a bit to about 110mm and then threw on the Yosh. Once my 280mm front rotor arrives and I can get this beast stopped a little easier, I will have what I consider to be the perfect set up. For now anyway... :thumbsup:

• SEOINAGE

Posted March 07, 2011 - 07:27 AM

I don't get how people have problems with the front brake. I mean I touch the thing and I am up over the front and back tire is off the ground, I wouldn't want any more stopping power.

• FUJIMO-33

Posted March 07, 2011 - 10:02 AM

How do you access the maps on yamaha's website that a few people have mentioned about getting?

• swaldrop

Posted March 07, 2011 - 10:40 AM

I don't get how people have problems with the front brake. I mean I touch the thing and I am up over the front and back tire is off the ground, I wouldn't want any more stopping power.

No real problems, just wish it worked a little better. I was able to get my '08 stopped a little easier. What bike are you comparing your '10 to?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.