2010 WR450F to replace a '07 CRF450X

4 replies to this topic
  • MKP

Posted April 11, 2010 - 02:27 PM

Hi, need some help to decide what to do.
I have the chance to sell at a good price my '07 CRF450X (good bike so far) and buy a new bike.
I had for two years a ´05 WR (nice experience) and now the new model looks very good.
Please tell me if the good look of the new WR also mean a good bike for open desert enduro (Atacama Desert, like Nevada desert).
I'm willing to go back to the blue WR.
By the way, I also have a '09 XT660Z Teneré for long trips.
Thanks for the advice.
Marco

• jw423

Posted April 11, 2010 - 02:51 PM

Actually there is not a 2010 WR450f. Yamaha didn't make a new model this year. The 09 is the latest. I just bought one! :thumbsup: I love it, sadly I'm not a racer so I can't help you there.

Always glad to see another WR on the trails though. :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MKP

Posted April 11, 2010 - 03:12 PM

Actually there is not a 2010 WR450f. Yamaha didn't make a new model this year. The 09 is the latest. I just bought one! :thumbsup: I love it, sadly I'm not a racer so I can't help you there.

Always glad to see another WR on the trails though. :lol:

Thanks JW.
I could see several WR450 on the last Dakar 2010, passing very near my city of Antofagasta (Chile).
They did very well.
Marco

• Luv2crash

Posted April 12, 2010 - 04:50 PM

http://www.dirtrider...aha_wr450f.html

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted April 12, 2010 - 08:07 PM

It's a solid choice. Coming off of a XR650R, which I consider the best pure desert bike around, the WR is probably the closest thing to it in the 450 size. Two things it really has going for it are stability (I don't feel the need for a damper) and reliability. All the 450's these days are pretty damn good bikes, but I think the WR and the CRF are a little better in the desert than they are in the tighter stuff.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.