So, my oil looks like chocolate milk..

2 replies to this topic
  • cjard

Posted April 11, 2010 - 12:33 PM

It also has rather a weird blue streak, kinda like choclat with blueberry ripple icecream would. It didnt taste very nice, but I was basically sampling it to see if it was sweet (like, antifreeze)

If it's likely that it's water in the oil, (and bearing in mind that it's only been rebuilt and used for about 5 hours I think the blue stuff might be the jointing compound from the crankcase join) I'm wondering where the water may have come from?

When I dropped the coolant, I might have imaged a few drops of oil in it, or i might not.. I have also succeeded in drowning the bike while out riding it through water high enough to cover the coil (though I managed to get it started afterwards)

Where else might water from the cooling system get into the oil? All gaskets were replaced (as part of a kit) when the engine was rebuilt, but I didn't do anything with the water pump...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jokerflingo

Posted April 11, 2010 - 07:35 PM

Id run some oil through it 2 or 3 times and check what its like after before making any assumptions.

• cjard

Posted April 11, 2010 - 11:39 PM

I was wondering if it was wise to do a similar thing, thanks for the second opinion!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.