GYTR smog block kit

5 replies to this topic
  • slowrider998

Posted April 10, 2010 - 09:59 PM

Just bought a 09 wr 450 cant find a smog block kit?Everybody has it on backorder?Anyone know where i can get one?
Thanks Lee

• jw423

Posted April 11, 2010 - 01:55 PM

I Just bought a new 09 too. Congrats. I need to do all the free mods myself. Bike Bandit has some I think, at least you can put them in your cart. I called my local shop and they had some so I'm going that route.

Here is the link to Bike Bandits http://www.bikebandi...69-01&ch=0&sc=0 It's the one for the 09.

If you still have some problems let me know I could pick one up at my lcl shop for ya and you could pay me with Pay Pal.

• slowrider998

Posted April 13, 2010 - 03:37 PM

Hey thanks for your help i went ahead and ordered the kit u linked.Even though the guy at bike bandit couldn't verify that it would fit an 09 i dont think the engine layout has changed?
I already did the throttle stop mod and the grey wire mod and it turned it into an animal.I may wait to do any jettting mods till winter.I also did the baja kit and street legaled it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Cobalt650

Posted April 13, 2010 - 06:26 PM

On the throttle stop mod for the 09, do you have to take the carb out, or can you reach the screw from the side? The only pics I saw were from an 03-05.

• jw423

Posted April 13, 2010 - 11:09 PM

Posted Image

This is a pic from the http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=439173 forum with 2007 and later. I put a arrow pointing to the throttle stop screw. You might be able to get to it. In the picture the rear shock and subframe are removed. It's on the right side. I did mine while I rejetted and installed a flex air mixture screw. So I had the carb out.

• jw423

Posted April 13, 2010 - 11:14 PM

Hey thanks for your help i went ahead and ordered the kit u linked.Even though the guy at bike bandit couldn't verify that it would fit an 09 i dont think the engine layout has changed?
I already did the throttle stop mod and the grey wire mod and it turned it into an animal.I may wait to do any jettting mods till winter.I also did the baja kit and street legaled it.

Great I'm glad you are all set. :thumbsup: Just as long as your part number ends with a dash and 01 you will be great. The difference is the old style did not have the plate from the AIS.

Have you removed the snorkle in the air box and removed the small baffel in the silencer? If so you realy should rejett. The kit comes with a new needle and jets for sea level.

Have fun.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.