Acerbis tank question

2 replies to this topic
  • SoCA_DRZ

Posted April 10, 2010 - 07:30 PM

I bought a used Acerbis tank for my 03 WR 450. The pecock on the right side leaks, so I need to replace it. The question I have is the petcock on the left side is different than the one on the right. The left is a normal petcock, the one on the right has a metal knob. Is this the normal Acerbis petcock or did the previous owner install a different one? The reason I ask is that I don't see that style petcock for sale by Acerbis as a replacement. Here is a pic. Thanks.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 05-WR450F

Posted April 11, 2010 - 03:33 AM

That's the stock acwerbis petcock. Mine has the same one. It's an on/off valve instead of a normal one with a reserve setting.

• SoCA_DRZ

Posted April 11, 2010 - 05:35 AM

That's the stock acwerbis petcock. Mine has the same one. It's an on/off valve instead of a normal one with a reserve setting.

Thanks. I'll see if I can track one down.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.