Power switch relocation - 09 WR450F

6 replies to this topic
  • JDLowrance

Posted April 09, 2010 - 12:49 PM

For those that have pulled their headlights off and are running number plates, what have you done sith the power switch?

For the life of me I cannot fine a suitable location to mount it.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted April 09, 2010 - 12:56 PM

For those that have pulled their headlights off and are running number plates, what have you done with the power switch

I often times switch from a number plate to a headlight and I left the main power switch in the stock location...but then again, I don't have the stock computer.

Hope this helps... :thumbsup:

• Deserthound

Posted April 10, 2010 - 08:04 PM

This is what I did.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slowrider998

Posted April 10, 2010 - 10:01 PM

I want to hide mine for security purpose.Dont know where?I just bought a baja kit and should buy a key switch..

• snaggletooth

Posted April 10, 2010 - 10:17 PM

Deserthound did a good job relocating the switch for the numberplate. This is how I mounted the BD style key switch. I just ran the kill switch wires to it.

Posted Image
Posted Image

• JDLowrance

Posted April 11, 2010 - 05:54 AM

Thanks for all of the replies.

I ended up mounting it at the base of the backside of the number plate. There is some flashing that runs between the two mount hole that is just wide enough. I fabbed up a plate to replace the mounting bracket so the unit would be sealed and then popped a few holes in the plastic to facilitate the wiring and longer screws. It's outta harms way and wouldn't know it's there unless you were told.

Would post pics if I could.

Thanks again, John

• dirtfanatic50

Posted June 09, 2010 - 08:06 AM

On my 05,I just made an aluminum bracket That I attached to the back of the bar clamps ,& changed to a keyed powers switch & added a small led light to show power on.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.