Biggest Production Toy Hauler?

14 replies to this topic
  • tdub2112

Posted April 09, 2010 - 11:28 AM

Well. I've been kickin' around a bit lookin' at toy haulers just for something to do and was wondering if anyone knew what the longest production toy hauler is? It would be sweet if they made one that could fit 4 snowmobiles into it. Then in the summer we could fit all our bikes, our four wheeler and even my dad's streetbike into it if we crammed a bit. But, it'd probably be way out of our price range and would require a 3/4 ton truck, which we don't have.

• studboy

Posted April 09, 2010 - 11:57 AM

A toyhauler that could fit and handle the weight of 4 modern snowmobiles would practically be a semi trailer. And you can forget about trying to haul any real toyhauler with a 1/2 ton truck.

• rezrider

Posted April 09, 2010 - 03:46 PM

1 ton with a diesel would be more like it...Alfa made one that was pretty big. High end model, with barn doors in the back with removable ramps or an optional ramp/door but Idon't know how big the cargo space was. How long is a snow mobile?...Double the length, I figure they're as wide a a quad then double that...I coud fit a rail into mine (12" cargo area) but can not fit 2 full size quads side by side...about a half a tire too narrow!

• Chickenhauler

Posted April 10, 2010 - 12:06 AM

Well. I've been kickin' around a bit lookin' at toy haulers just for something to do and was wondering if anyone knew what the longest production toy hauler is? It would be sweet if they made one that could fit 4 snowmobiles into it. Then in the summer we could fit all our bikes, our four wheeler and even my dad's streetbike into it if we crammed a bit. But, it'd probably be way out of our price range and would require a 3/4 ton truck, which we don't have.

1 ton with a diesel would be more like it...

Not even.....for the real monster toyhaulers, you're overweight before you even add cargo on most one ton dually trucks.

One TT'er (Old-Man) has a big toyhauler, and he has a F450 or 550, and he says he's within the trucks limits (but not by much) when he's loaded and ready.

• rezrider

Posted April 10, 2010 - 10:21 AM

Not even.....for the real monster toyhaulers, you're overweight before you even add cargo on most one ton dually trucks.

One TT'er (Old-Man) has a big toyhauler, and he has a F450 or 550, and he says he's within the trucks limits (but not by much) when he's loaded and ready.

Come on CH...don't be such a spoil-sport. You know a 1/2 ton can pull, handle AND STOP a loaded 30 footer with no problem. :thumbsup:

• Farmerboy132

Posted April 10, 2010 - 12:07 PM

30 footer? heck if you are wanting to haul 4 sleds and have lots of kitchen/sleeping room you will be looking at 45 footers.... by that time you may as well just buy a kenworth

• bcfarm

Posted April 10, 2010 - 12:15 PM

I jabe

• 07thommi

Posted April 11, 2010 - 09:00 PM

To fit 4 sleds takes a lot of room, at least here in the west with mountain sleds that are around 12' long each! So you would need at least 24' of cargo room but 26'-28' would be better, plus living space, you might as well get a semi and trailer at that length, but where could you take a rig that long for snowmobiling? Most of my buddies prefer sled decks and a short trailer to get into and back out of the good riding, no 4 place enclosed trailers for them.

-mt-

• lovestrucks

Posted April 12, 2010 - 01:13 PM

How bout a get a small little conversion van or small c class rv and then a stacker trailer. I don't know anything about sleds but could they fit in a stacker trailer? 2 above, 2 below?

• slowbike

Posted April 13, 2010 - 01:04 PM

30 footer? heck if you are wanting to haul 4 sleds and have lots of kitchen/sleeping room you will be looking at 45 footers.... by that time you may as well just buy a kenworth

x100.

• slowbike

Posted April 13, 2010 - 01:05 PM

How bout a get a small little conversion van or small c class rv and then a stacker trailer. I don't know anything about sleds but could they fit in a stacker trailer? 2 above, 2 below?

They might fit, but the weight of the trailer alone will probably be over the tow limits of a conversion van or class C.

• slowbike

Posted April 13, 2010 - 01:38 PM

BIG toy haulers are typically 5th wheel trailers, and have a seperate garage, typically that garage is 10, 12 or 14' in length. 14' is rare.
therefore, there's no way to get 4 sleds in them.

Here's a big one: 38'

http://www.northwood...hp?id=584501728

• redhurricane

Posted April 13, 2010 - 01:53 PM

Big enough?

42'3" is pretty long.

http://www.kz-rv.com.../2010_4012.html

• rezrider

Posted April 13, 2010 - 02:26 PM

They might fit, but the weight of the trailer alone will probably be over the tow limits of a conversion van or class C.

Doesn't matter to some of the guys on here...come on where's your sense of adventure?

Actually that's what I was inferring when I commented on pulling a 30 ft trailer loaded with a 1/2 ton. To a lot of TT'rs it's no big deal!!!:thumbsup:

• rezrider

Posted April 13, 2010 - 02:29 PM

BIG toy haulers are typically 5th wheel trailers, and have a seperate garage, typically that garage is 10, 12 or 14' in length. 14' is rare.
therefore, there's no way to get 4 sleds in them.

Here's a big one: 38'

http://www.northwood...hp?id=584501728

Same floor plan as a Raptor I walked thru...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.