2010 450F Fuel Range

7 replies to this topic
  • Jeepentj

Posted April 08, 2010 - 07:17 PM

I'm curious if anybody has tracked the number of miles they're getting out a tank of gas on the EFI 450. I understand a lot of variables play into this number (terrain, speed, etc.) but I'm curious if anybody has been able to squeeze 50 miles (or more).

Thanks,
David

• jeffboyd47m

Posted April 09, 2010 - 05:13 AM

Anything over 30 miles at race speed and your pushing it!
IMS has a tank built that is 2.4 gal. They just filled their first orders last tuesday with more to come. I'm on the waiting list and hope to have one soon.
JB

• Jeepentj

Posted April 09, 2010 - 08:08 AM

Anything over 30 miles at race speed and your pushing it!
IMS has a tank built that is 2.4 gal. They just filled their first orders last tuesday with more to come. I'm on the waiting list and hope to have one soon.
JB

Good to know somebody is able to make a larger tank for the bike as a 30 mile range isn't much. I'm anxious to see some pictures of the tank on the bike to see how it looks...

• Luv2crash

Posted April 09, 2010 - 11:51 AM

Kyle Summers was running it at the last WORCS in Havasu.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2milehigh

Posted April 09, 2010 - 06:04 PM

Kyle Summers was running it at the last WORCS in Havasu.

Here is a link to a pic of his tank at Havasu.
http://www.fullspeed...n-gas-tank.html

• Luv2crash

Posted April 09, 2010 - 06:07 PM

Looks decent

• Jeepentj

Posted April 09, 2010 - 06:10 PM

Interesting. I wondered how they were going to add more capacity. It looks like they did it buying going up which means the bike carries its weight higher. I wonder if it affects handling?

• whiskey wheelie

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:29 PM

Ive gotten 34 on a rich setting that a magazine recommends for tight trails which is what i run. I can do almost 40 out in the desert but thats running a really lean advanced setting. I couldnt imagine more than 35-40 at race pace non sandy terrain.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.