chaparral yamaha

6 replies to this topic
  • delmas

Posted April 08, 2010 - 04:36 PM

has some parts in stock for 2010 450

• APlusAutoParts

Posted April 09, 2010 - 04:33 AM

i keep having so much trouble finding parts for mine. even my local dealer had to call me back for oil filters but they did have that in stock. i dropped mine pretty bad last week and crushed my radiator on the left side after a week of waiting they told me the didnt even have a date for me, then all of the sudden it just came in. be careful

• DPW

Posted April 09, 2010 - 04:40 AM

have you guys tried http://shop.thumpertalk.com/?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • delmas

Posted April 09, 2010 - 01:00 PM

i keep having so much trouble finding parts for mine. even my local dealer had to call me back for oil filters but they did have that in stock. i dropped mine pretty bad last week and crushed my radiator on the left side after a week of waiting they told me the didnt even have a date for me, then all of the sudden it just came in. be careful

got my parts today.they had them in stock and thier customer service was great.
The girl on the phone had to look through pages of parts to find what I needed. It is not on the computer yet.

Found my gaskets in stock .

Was unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chaparral Yamaha

Edited by delmas, April 09, 2010 - 01:01 PM.
gg

• Beanb1

Posted April 09, 2010 - 06:55 PM

I don't understand why dealers are having problems with getting 2010 parts!! They can go to the Yamaha Dealer site and get to the microfiche for the 2010. I've found most of the parts we have needed for the 10 without much problem at all. There are some parts not available even on this fiche, but a part # is not listed if it is not available. Unfortunately, only a Dealer can currently access this fiche. NO, I don't know when Yamaha will release the fiche to non-dealers or why not!!! I've been expecting to see it available for public use for some time now.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted April 10, 2010 - 11:03 AM

I would say most stuff on the 2010 is the same as the prior years.

I was looking at the manual of my 06 and matching it with the 2010 manual and all the pivot shaft bolts and nuts for the linkage were the same and most bolts.

I took the the shock bolt out at the top on the 06 and 10 and they were the same circumference and length,so IMO all the other years would be the same(at least from 06 til now).

Axel shaft was different on rear rim.

• delmas

Posted April 10, 2010 - 12:20 PM

That is why the axel blocks seem to be a problem

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.