Colorado Thumper Trip

9 replies to this topic
  • Tom_N

Posted January 10, 2001 - 11:27 AM

I am interested in planing a Colorado Thumper trip for this spring or early summer. mikeolichney has indicated there are some great trails near Crested Butte and possible accomodations. If interested please post.

I am in KS and am willing to make the 12 hour drive for this adventure is there anyone else up for it?

------------------
Tom N.

• MikeOK

Posted January 10, 2001 - 12:53 PM

I may be interested too. I have done some mountian biking around Crested Butte and it's great. Another good place is around Salida...

Mike

• sleekfreak

Posted January 10, 2001 - 01:21 PM

If I ever get out of MI I may be intrested. Been here working since the 15 of December and the end is no where in sight.

• Tom_N

Posted January 10, 2001 - 01:22 PM

Here is what Mikeolichney suggested and I think it sounds great, I tried the link and it looks even better. A great Opportunity for sure... Mikeolichney - what is a good time of year to do this thing?

From mickeolichney-
Crested Butte CO has some awesome riding-if the Clinton roadless plan did not shut a bunch down (I will check to see what the damage was). Anyway, if there is interest, I could put together a trip there for interested riders. I can get the rates REAL cheap as I am a partner in a rental property up there that sleeps 26. You can check it out at http://vssnet.aescon.com/lodging
It would be about $10 to $20 per person per night (depending on number of people). The place has 2 hot tubs, 9000 sq ft and a THREE CAR GARAGE THAT LOCKS for the bikes. If you check our rates you can see that I am just going to cover electricity, cleaning and some wear and tear. If I offend anyone by this post I apologize. This place would normally rent for $820/night, if I could get $200 night (10 to 20 people at $10 to $20) the other partners would be cool with it.
Is anyone interested in this?

[This message has been edited by Tom N (edited 01-10-2001).]

• okie426

Posted January 10, 2001 - 04:21 PM

Sounds good,

Just set the date. There are 2 of us from Durant, OK who will go; a wr400 and yz426. Maybe 2 more from North Texas.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • F-Pilot

Posted January 10, 2001 - 05:14 PM

Killer deal Mike, friends and i have rented a condo there (Crested Butte) and spent waay more for less comfort.It did have a hot tub and that is a requirement after the 125 mile ride to Taylor park and back at least 80% on tough singletrack! :)
Make sure to ride 29 switchbacks and also hope the creek isn't too deep.
Would love to make ths trip again but I have only 1 week vacation time per year
Thumperheads, don't pass up this opportunity!

• mikeolichney

Posted January 11, 2001 - 10:33 PM

Originally posted by MikeOK:
Another good place is around Salida...

Mike[/B]

The Taylor Park trails around Crested Butte go down to Salida. Could make a long day of it and ride down there. As far as the lodging goes, I need to find 6 to 8 people minimum, no more than 20, July through Sept best up there (some rides go up to 12000 ft). Kids/wives OK, there are lots of other things to do and two rides/skill levels could be organized. Can rent rooms at $20/night for queen bed with private bath, $30 night for Master bedroom with private bath, which has a king bed and a queen hide-a-bed. Very economical. if interested, post here or email me at mikeolichney@hotmail.com.

• Tom_N

Posted January 11, 2001 - 01:06 PM

There is a new folder topic for this, there seems to be a problem with this one.. I can see all the posts but others can not. Mike posted a new Colorado Thumper Trip folder and has added some great info. If you are interested please post your response to that folder. Thanks
Tom N.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 12, 2001 - 05:25 PM

hey tom?...is a 400sx KTM welcome to come on the trip?....LOL..your friend..Robby...

• Tom_N

Posted January 13, 2001 - 07:12 AM

Since you are obviously paying for my way and the gas up there I will let you bring that Austrian thing you ride.. It will make for interesting conversation none the less..

Originally posted by NOfearobHA:
hey tom?...is a 400sx KTM welcome to come on the trip?....LOL..your friend..Robby...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.