after market link

6 replies to this topic
  • delmas

Posted April 07, 2010 - 07:41 PM

are aftermarket links similar to rg3 used on yamahas

• 426 NOOB

Posted April 07, 2010 - 08:27 PM

are aftermarket links similar to rg3 used on yamahas

if you are talking about swing arm linkage it is a waste of time and money. They will not make a big enough difference. The stock yamaha linkage is near perfect and that':thumbsup:s why you see linkage for hondas and suzuki and not yamaha for sale.
Heres a recent thread on the subject:
http://www.thumperta...ghlight=linkage

• DPW

Posted April 08, 2010 - 02:40 AM

according to the mags the '10 needs a new linkage....Pro Circuit or Ride Engineering. Check out the May issue of MXA...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • delmas

Posted April 08, 2010 - 04:09 AM

according to the mags the '10 needs a new linkage....Pro Circuit or Ride Engineering. Check out the May issue of MXA...

when you put a link on does it change how the bike turns

• DPW

Posted April 08, 2010 - 04:25 AM

when you put a link on does it change how the bike turns

personally I have no idea, but according to MXA 5/10 it helps "balance out the chassis, which levels the bike out, and takes some load off the front forks and the allow the frame geometry to to be changed across a wider range of angles..."

so it sounds like it does change how the bike corners. I'd probably email or call Pro Circuit and see what they say.

Is your '10 having cornering issues?

• delmas

Posted April 08, 2010 - 04:57 AM

personally I have no idea, but according to MXA 5/10 it helps "balance out the chassis, which levels the bike out, and takes some load off the front forks and the allow the frame geometry to to be changed across a wider range of angles..."

so it sounds like it does change how the bike corners. I'd probably email or call Pro Circuit and see what they say.

Is your '10 having cornering issues?

I love the way it corners.

• YamaLink

Posted April 08, 2010 - 05:42 AM

The 2010 YZF turns better with an aftermarket link. Takes a lot of the front end weight transfer on hard braking away. Gives you just a little more leverage for smoothing out the braking bumps. The bike can stay lower on the face of jumps and get the power back on the ground sooner. Lets the bike settle in corners and allows the rear wheel to stay in the rut or turn without stepping out of square edges.

Just make sure you are properly sprung for rider + gear weight, install it and reset sag, and then raise the forks up according to the manufacturer's instructions. If those guidelines are not followed a bike will handle "not so good" and you may come away with a bad taste in your mouth about lowering links. Pretty much every pro racer on the AMA Outdoors (I know we're not those guys) uses an aftermarket link depending on course and conditions. I know for a fact Ivan Tedesco uses one and a few of Travis Pastrana's shorter Yamaha buddies do; not for SX but for outdoor riding and racing.

Prices range from $155 to $225 depending on manufacturer.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.