what is a good bike to start off with

14 replies to this topic
  • xkillerzx

Posted April 06, 2010 - 11:25 AM

im new to the pit bike scene and dont really no a good pit bike from a bad one. what would you recommend as a good reliable bike thats not to expensive.

• bgjames111

Posted April 06, 2010 - 12:28 PM

I was in the same boat as you. I did a lot of looking at websites, reading forums, and asked a few questions. I ended up deciding on an SSR 140tx. I'm waiting for it to show up, (should be later this week).

I guess you'll need to ask what you want to do with the bike. Race? play? trails? I wanted a play bike that would still be fun on a small back yard track.

• xkillerzx

Posted April 06, 2010 - 12:36 PM

right now im just looking for something to play around on. im been looking at a lot of different websites and have narrowed down my search to either a SSR 125A1 or an Orion OPBS XG but it seems like SSR is a bigger name which makes me think that they are better.

• scooterpimp

Posted April 06, 2010 - 03:10 PM

right now im just looking for something to play around on. im been looking at a lot of different websites and have narrowed down my search to either a SSR 125A1 or an Orion OPBS XG but it seems like SSR is a bigger name which makes me think that they are better.

Not To Sway You , But I Have Good Luck With The SSr 125 14/12 1 Has Over 200 Hours On It & Only Reg. Servicing Was Done. I Dont Jump Snake River Or Antything Too Extreme On Them , But Im 41 ,250lbs & 5-11 & They Held Up Under My Fat Carcass So Far...Hope This Helps Any?

• xkillerzx

Posted April 06, 2010 - 04:47 PM

thanks scooterpimp that does help me because it seems that more people would go with a SSR and you said you have never had any trouble with it which leads me to believe that its a good bike

• staggsracing

Posted April 06, 2010 - 05:05 PM

The SSR a1 would be a good choice and they have thousands of parts in stock. Let me know if we can help.

• Steel Panther

Posted April 06, 2010 - 11:20 PM

crf50, never going to find a china bike as reliable, and they have an amazing ammount of aftermarket parts available. I dont like SSR, if you were going to get a china bike go for a pitster pro

• bgjames111

Posted April 07, 2010 - 03:49 AM

crf50, never going to find a china bike as reliable, and they have an amazing ammount of aftermarket parts available. I dont like SSR, if you were going to get a china bike go for a pitster pro

Do you have some sort of reason why you don't like SSR? Please inform us! Please don't take offense, but when you come on here and look like a pitster pro fan boy, your credibility takes a dive.

• scooterpimp

Posted April 07, 2010 - 08:23 AM

But We Dont Care What You Like...

• xkillerzx

Posted April 07, 2010 - 04:08 PM

the crf50 isnt cheap and its an auto. im lookin for a real pit bike not a bike for 5 year olds

• xkillerzx

Posted April 07, 2010 - 04:15 PM

is the SSR SR125 a good bike

• Steel Panther

Posted April 08, 2010 - 07:38 PM

I like the geo and suspension of the pitster a lot more, feels much better than the ssr150 my friend has. However, neither have been as reliable as my crf50, just havent had any problems with bolts stripping with normal use or suspension problems. This thing aint no childs bike :thumbsup:
Posted Image

• scooterpimp

Posted April 09, 2010 - 08:06 AM

I like the geo and suspension of the pitster a lot more, feels much better than the ssr150 my friend has. However, neither have been as reliable as my crf50, just havent had any problems with bolts stripping with normal use or suspension problems. This thing aint no childs bike :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Not A Pitster Pro , I Thought Everything But A Pitster Was A Piece Of Junk????? crf 50 is a childs bike

Edited by scooterpimp, April 12, 2010 - 04:45 PM.

• Steel Panther

Posted April 12, 2010 - 12:41 PM

^^ Thats my bike, its in my driveway... You can see it on planetminis also, my user name there is RiDe.
Scooterpimp you are starting to annoy me, All I am offering is my opinion. Besides its a pitbike, they are meant to be small like a childs bike which makes them fun/funny to ride.

• scooterpimp

Posted April 12, 2010 - 04:49 PM

Wow Sorry , You Homosexual Fellas Get Stressed Out So Easily...:thumbsup: Wasn't Steel Panther A Member Of The Village People???

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.