new 426 mastercylinder

3 replies to this topic
  • Taffy

Posted January 09, 2001 - 02:55 AM

can anyone who has owned a 98/99/00 tell me how the new mastercylinder compares in feel to the old one?

i keep catching my thumb on the old adjuster & it feels wooden!

also does the banjo bolt exit to the front still, or toward the headstock.

i need ideally a mastercylinder that has the exit toward the headstock, this way i could put a brakelight sensor/banjo bolt on & it would still all fit behind the barkbusters.

thanks.

Taffy

• Scott_F

Posted January 09, 2001 - 08:46 AM

Taffy, the new MC is much improved, along with the floating rotor. The hose connection and routing are the same.

On the older models, I remove the e-clip and cut off the protusion on the adjuster bolt at the groove. It sticks out and will put a hole in your glove, and maybe your finger.

Why not put your banjo sensor on the rear MC?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted January 09, 2001 - 09:58 AM

so the actual feel/use is improved? as opposed to stronger brakes , which isn't what i'm asking here?

i concur on the chopping off of the adjuster. although i had some old ford 'condoms' from the 70's, used to use them to help keep badges on the bonnet(hood!) & boot (trunk!). that wworked for me. the bolt exits the front still?

the rear brake light is hooked up but the wires are just sat there waiting at the front...

Taffy

• Scott_F

Posted January 09, 2001 - 08:51 PM

I think the new front brake is better in every way, but I can't quantify it. Yes, the banjo bolt is in the same position.

Maybe it's best to leave the front brake switch not wired. That way, if the police try to catch you speeding, you can hit the front brake without lighting your brake light.

Originally posted by Taffy:
so the actual feel/use is improved? as opposed to stronger brakes , which isn't what i'm asking here?

i concur on the chopping off of the adjuster. although i had some old ford 'condoms' from the 70's, used to use them to help keep badges on the bonnet(hood!) & boot (trunk!). that wworked for me. the bolt exits the front still?

the rear brake light is hooked up but the wires are just sat there waiting at the front...

Taffy

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.