2010 alxe blocks

27 replies to this topic
  • motojase316

Posted April 06, 2010 - 04:17 AM

Is that nut on far enough? It looks like it's hanging on the last thread. I had my Hammerhead block milled on the right side like he guy above. Compare the thickness to the stock block.

Check this thread from a while back. http://www.thumperta...ght=axle blocks

Hey Mike, It does look bad in that pic but there is 2 full threads exposed passed the end of the self locking axle nut..It's all sweet.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted April 06, 2010 - 07:05 AM

Just give Zip-Ty a call, they have one that works. I'm pretty sure that there is a GYTR one for the ten, I just always use Zip-Ty, I even got a magnetic drain plug for my truck from them.

I called zip-ty and they did have a magnetic drain plug for the bottom(where there is a frame clearence issue) and had them send me one out.

He said the bottom plug was the same as prior years but the sump one (oil tank) was different and they were getting ready to make some and should be ready in a couple weeks. he said he would put me on a list when they get done and give me a call.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted April 06, 2010 - 07:20 AM

Here are Pro Circuit Blocks on my 2010.Posted Image

Those's look a hair wider than the GYTR ones. Cant hardly tell though but they are close

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• TokioMX

Posted April 06, 2010 - 04:44 PM

Posted Image
BTO has Hammerhead axle blocks for 2010, which is not listed yet on Hammerhead's own web. It's blue one only, but I'll get one now.

maybe I'm getting old, but I always forget where the chain adjuster was on left side, when I move over to the right. Hammerhead numbered blocks seems like a good idea for someone like me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aedwards07

Posted April 06, 2010 - 06:19 PM

Are the BTO blocks for the 2010 actually any different though?

• TokioMX

Posted April 06, 2010 - 06:43 PM

:thumbsup: I don't know. They do have the specific order number for 2010 YZ450F.

If it needed, I guess just have to get it milled like other guys did.

• TokioMX

Posted April 13, 2010 - 04:26 PM

I got Hammerhead's axle block for from BTO yesterday. This one is for 2010 YZ450, parts number "ABY2".

Posted Image

but looks like just milled 09 blocks. back side was bare, and their shark mark on the end is cut. :thumbsup: It has couple of dings in already too. oh well...

• CaptainKnobby

Posted April 13, 2010 - 06:55 PM

GYTR and Zip-Ty both have magnetic drain plugs for the crankcase. The Zip-Ty one is just a hair shorter than the stock drain plug. The Works Connection axle blocks fit perfectly on the '10.

I called Zip-TY last week and ordered me a magnetic drain plug. It came today in the mail.
However the plug was $19.95 the cost of shipping to get it to me was $10.76

I had to pay $30.71 for this drain plug:foul: So I'm sure the other one is going to cost the same amount.

Dam!!!! $60.00 just in drain plugs:rant::thumbsup:

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

• Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.