08 450 question

5 replies to this topic
  • Sick Of It All

Posted April 04, 2010 - 04:56 PM

anyone know if the stator from a wr 450 will fit on my yz450f ?? i wanna get my lights all working.. but i dont wanna buy an after market stator.. i heard nothing but bad things with them..

• grayracer513

Posted April 04, 2010 - 08:23 PM

It will, but only if you buy the stator from an '07 or later WR, AND the flywheel, stator cover, CDI unit, rectifier/regulator, and crankshaft along with it, and then rewire the bike.

• FinchFan194

Posted April 04, 2010 - 08:59 PM

Only a minor mod to make.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gdbarr1976

Posted April 05, 2010 - 11:30 AM

Like Gray said, it will work, I did it. I did it because it was the only way to put a 100w stator on a 06-09 yz. Mine was a 08. I did it because I was doing the Baja 1000. It worked but I found it to be just unreliable enough that after a lot of soul searching decided I wasnt going to risk a breakdown in the middle of the night in Baja. I put my bike all back stock and my addvise to anyone thinking about doing this is buy a wr.

• hellonwheels107

Posted December 10, 2011 - 05:21 AM

I use a lighting system that I use for cycling,its a rechargeable 2 light system and just as bright or brighter as a wired system,it lasts 6 to 8 hours on high beam and 12 to 14 on low beam,it will clamp to your bars and the battery zip ties behind my side plates.....Google "cycling lighting systems" you should get alot of choices....

• RiderX

Posted December 10, 2011 - 07:56 AM

Baja Designs makes some battery powered options, but they're pricey:

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.