99' valve clearance specs

6 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 08, 2001 - 01:46 PM

Any of you guys have a 99'yz400 manual, that you would beable to look up the valve clearance specs for me? I'm tired of waiting for my manual to come from baja designs. I want to go out riding this week, but I would like to beable to adjust my valve before I do. I found the web site that goes through the procedure , but now all I need is some specs.. Any help that could be giving, would be grately appreciated.......THANKS

• motoman393

Posted January 08, 2001 - 03:20 PM

i have a 01' 426 im not sure if they are the same or not but here is a scanned pic of the shims clearances...hope this helps, sorry if it is blurry the YZ manual paper sucks to scan!
Posted Image

------------------
I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!
Friendswood, TX

[This message has been edited by motoman393 (edited 01-08-2001).]

• Guest__*

Posted January 08, 2001 - 03:24 PM

Originally posted by motoman393:
i have a 01' 426 im not sure if they are the same or not but here is a scanned pic of the shims clearances...hope this helps, sorry if it is blurry the YZ manual paper sucks to scan!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoman393

Posted January 08, 2001 - 03:26 PM

sorry the pics went a little crazy i think i clicked reply twice or something! :)

Garrett

------------------
I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!
Friendswood, TX

• twej

Posted January 08, 2001 - 07:05 PM

Crazy, I've got a 99 Manual but not too hip on how to read the chart. Let me know exactly what your looking for and I'll find it.
Also I'm new to this group so I hope I'm posting correctly

twej

Originally posted by Crazy:
Any of you guys have a 99'yz400 manual, that you would beable to look up the valve clearance specs for me? I'm tired of waiting for my manual to come from baja designs. I want to go out riding this week, but I would like to beable to adjust my valve before I do. I found the web site that goes through the procedure , but now all I need is some specs.. Any help that could be giving, would be grately appreciated.......THANKS

• twej

Posted January 08, 2001 - 07:21 PM

BTW guys, I've compared the Valve Clearance chart in my 99 manual with the charts from your 426's and they are different.

twej

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 08, 2001 - 08:49 PM

twej, thanks for your help. if you could please let me know, what the factory shim is if they say,so I have an Idea of what size shim i need before i take the bike apart. If it differs from bike to bike don't worry about it then. The most important thing I need is the specs for the intake, and exhaust valves. so i know if the valve clearance is still ok or not. Thanks again.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.