2001 yz 426 water problem

3 replies to this topic
  • baileyfarm

Posted April 03, 2010 - 05:36 PM

i just rebuilt my 426 new crank assembly new p&r gaskets &seals. the problem is when i fill my radiators it goes straight in crankcase maybe i left something out any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

• grayracer513

Posted April 03, 2010 - 06:26 PM

There is (or should be) an O-ring at the joint between the right crankcase cover and the crankcase to seal the water passage from the pump, another similar O-ring at the cylinder base, the head gasket, and that's pretty much it, unless someone decided to monkey with the hex head plug in the center of the head, between the cams. A missing or damaged water pump seal should leak to the outside.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • baileyfarm

Posted April 03, 2010 - 06:55 PM

i check the o ring &dowel in right case cover it shouldbe okay ithink the one in the cylinder is where exacly is the hex screw you are talking about thanx

• baileyfarm

Posted April 03, 2010 - 06:57 PM

sorry you already told me i will check that i traded for bike ans it was already took apart thanx alot

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.