yz450 08 frame in 08 wr 450 !

6 replies to this topic
  • cyclerc

Posted April 02, 2010 - 06:12 PM

I read in forums and magazine 08 Yz450 frame its a lot better than 07. If i change my wr frame to yzf 08 the bike turn better? The triple clamps are different too?

• cyclerc

Posted April 05, 2010 - 04:26 PM

The yz450 08 frame fit in 08 wr450?

• YamaLink

Posted April 06, 2010 - 08:53 PM

I don't think it's just a simple frame swap....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted April 07, 2010 - 01:20 PM

I don't think it's just a simple frame swap....

Its not.

Where the subframe bolts to the spars is lower on the WR because of the airbox door.

I'm pretty sure the WR engine is a direct swap into the YZ frame since the only physical difference is the starter, but the electricals are significantly different and the YZ subframe has no place to put the battery.

A race sag setting of 97 mm seems to be ideal for the blue bikes. Anything more than that and the bikes just don't want to turn. Was true with the steel frames and its just as true with the AL framed bikes. If setting the sag correctly isn't enough just sliding the forks up in the triple clamps will make it turn better. If that isn't enough, there are aftermarket triple clamps and linkage dog bones that'll give you what you need. Changing a frame is a drastic solution to a small problem IMO.

• cyclerc

Posted April 09, 2010 - 06:15 PM

Its not.

Where the subframe bolts to the spars is lower on the WR because of the airbox door.

I'm pretty sure the WR engine is a direct swap into the YZ frame since the only physical difference is the starter, but the electricals are significantly different and the YZ subframe has no place to put the battery.

A race sag setting of 97 mm seems to be ideal for the blue bikes. Anything more than that and the bikes just don't want to turn. Was true with the steel frames and its just as true with the AL framed bikes. If setting the sag correctly isn't enough just sliding the forks up in the triple clamps will make it turn better. If that isn't enough, there are aftermarket triple clamps and linkage dog bones that'll give you what you need. Changing a frame is a drastic solution to a small problem IMO.

Thanks.
I testing sliding the fork to the second line and sag at 100mm the bike its A LOT better. Whats spring rate recomend for 190lbs w/o gear.

• JSanfilippo

Posted April 09, 2010 - 07:51 PM

Thanks.
I testing sliding the fork to the second line and sag at 100mm the bike its A LOT better. Whats spring rate recomend for 190lbs w/o gear.

I plugged in 190 lbs on the race tech spring calculator (usually pretty accurate) under the assumption that you're an off road guy using the stock tank and it said the that you should use a 5.54 KG/mm rear spring. Stock is 5.3 KG/mm. The problem is race-tech doesn't offer a 5.5 KG/mm spring they offer a 5.4 and a 5.6. If I were you I'd go with the heavier of the two.

It recomended sticking with the stock fork springs in the front :thumbsup:

• cyclerc

Posted April 10, 2010 - 01:15 PM

I plugged in 190 lbs on the race tech spring calculator (usually pretty accurate) under the assumption that you're an off road guy using the stock tank and it said the that you should use a 5.54 KG/mm rear spring. Stock is 5.3 KG/mm. The problem is race-tech doesn't offer a 5.5 KG/mm spring they offer a 5.4 and a 5.6. If I were you I'd go with the heavier of the two.

It recomended sticking with the stock fork springs in the front :thumbsup:

tHE MANUAL SAID 5.5 STOCK

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.