SDG step seat?

13 replies to this topic
  • davbrucas

Posted April 02, 2010 - 06:50 AM

Anybody have this on their bike? I have an 09 450 and I am considering ordering one...the stock seat is okay but I want an all black one and figured I would check out the step seat. Thanks.

• mikedabike

Posted April 02, 2010 - 07:43 PM

I am a seat whore:busted: My current favorite is the SDG step. Keeps me in place and cuts down on arm pump and fatique. I have some health issues and my stamina is very lacking so it was a noticeable improvement for me.

• yz007f

Posted April 03, 2010 - 07:07 AM

I have an 09' and installed a SDG seat. I'm a taller rider so it forces me to stay more at the front of the seat. Sometimes cause my legs are longer I didn't always bring myself forward enough. You will get some super bad money butt the first few rides on it tho! Also I don't use it in the sand at all..

• davbrucas

Posted April 03, 2010 - 10:26 AM

Just got mine today. What a PITA to install. The little hook under the seat just wont go where its supposed to and you really have to force the thing down to put the screws in...not impressed so far. I hope it gets better as it breaks in.

• yz007f

Posted April 05, 2010 - 04:42 AM

Yea that was also a problem on mine. I just took my die grinder and took some off those two tabs on the bottom, and spread those two metal tabs just abit.Then it fits really nice!

• coreyl

Posted April 05, 2010 - 07:38 AM

how about the sdg tall seat i am 6'4" and ride trails almost every day during the summer would it be worth the 100 to get it?

• davbrucas

Posted April 05, 2010 - 09:26 AM

My friend seems to like his tall seat.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ChadG

Posted April 05, 2010 - 09:35 AM

Just got mine today. What a PITA to install. The little hook under the seat just wont go where its supposed to and you really have to force the thing down to put the screws in...not impressed so far. I hope it gets better as it breaks in.

I ride an orange bike w the tall SDG. Im not happy w it. It took like an hr to get it on the frigging bike. I was surprised to see u guys were having same problem w different bike. I put two washers under the tank bolt to get it to fit. I wonder how many guys run theres without it mounted properly? Or just gave up?

Oh and the seat is um BRICKLIKE.

Ended up trading it for a EE seat on ebay. Waaaay better.

• davbrucas

Posted April 05, 2010 - 02:43 PM

I hear ya...gonna give it a couple rides before I ditch it.

• yz007f

Posted April 05, 2010 - 04:20 PM

coreyl,
Depends on what you are looking for with the tall seat...

Yes the seat is pretty hard but alot of mx guys like it... And I love it!!

• coreyl

Posted April 06, 2010 - 07:50 AM

would it be good if i were doing 6 hours of riding at a time on tight trails that require movement on the seat?

• davbrucas

Posted April 06, 2010 - 01:12 PM

Your butt may be raw as heck afterward...

• yz007f

Posted April 06, 2010 - 06:53 PM

Yea you might have some monkey butt after those rides.. But if your sitting down alot and being a taller rider I think this seat would help in that area..

• coreyl

Posted April 06, 2010 - 09:43 PM

ok thanks for the great help

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.