Tim Ferry

10 replies to this topic
  • MXOldtimer

Posted January 04, 2001 - 06:26 PM

WoooooooHooooooooo I sure hope Ferry can put the 426 on the podium this saturday. Wouldn't it be soooooo cool for him to do in the SX series what Henry did in the Nats. Then there would NO DOUGHT about how good the 426 is, WooooooooHoooooooo

Doug

• holeshot

Posted January 04, 2001 - 06:49 PM

Tim Ferry (426) easily won the Perris Invitational last weekend, but his only competition were Mike Craig and Reynard.
I just picked up a couple of "nosebleed" tickets for the first race at Anaheim - it should be interesting.

[This message has been edited by holeshot (edited 01-04-2001).]

• Glen_T

Posted January 04, 2001 - 06:51 PM

I saw and heard Button work the magic at the second Anaheim race, and we were at San Diego when he was injured. The bike is magic to the ears. Button never let it off the limiter at Anaheim! Unfortunately he never had a chance to reach redline in practice at S.D. :)

GLEN

------------------
The brave taste of death once, but a coward dies many times before his death.

• MXOldtimer

Posted January 04, 2001 - 07:19 PM

I was at Washougal when Button won, he was so friggin fast on the uphill, it was almost unfair for the 250's

• scottzx7rr

Posted January 05, 2001 - 05:51 AM

He looked very impressive on the big thumper in preseason. It will be good to hear the rumble in the stadium again. But I personally can't wait till Button can throw a leg over it again.

------------------
Scott #431
Some Fear Racing "Cause if you don't have any you ain't going fast enough"
'99 YZ400F(Coming to a Theater near you soon)
'92 ZX-7R and '97 ZX-7RR
"Doesn't hurt till the bone is exposed"
"When cut do you bleed green? I do!"
Pics

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JBM

Posted January 05, 2001 - 01:39 PM

I'm going to the Phoenix round on the 27th. I can't wait to see "my bike" out there, not to mention everyone else. I've heard Ferry looks good on the bike.

• blbainb

Posted January 05, 2001 - 08:00 PM

I was at Phoenix last year and it was THE race to see: McGrath taking the lead and then overtaken by Vuilleman (sp?)near the end. I'm going to Phoenix this year also. Can't wait.

• Boit

Posted January 06, 2001 - 12:12 AM

You guys are so lucky to get to see the races early in the season before the injury attrition takes its toll. At least New Orleans and Houston will be on my S/X calendar. I was sure hoping that Smets would come over this year and see what he could do on that KTM thumper against the Yanks. King was a dissapointment last year both in S/X and M/X. Oh well, let's ruuuuuuumble!

• smitty33

Posted January 06, 2001 - 12:21 PM

Ferrry's not the only one on the big thumper.

Nathan Ramsey is on a YZ426F untill the east sx series starts !

Hold it Wide...
Smitty
http://www.fastbydesign.com

[This message has been edited by smitty33 (edited 01-06-2001).]

• Scott_F

Posted January 06, 2001 - 10:53 PM

Ramsey looked good in the top ten, but Ferry had trouble early while running near the front, and faded way back.

• Glen_T

Posted January 07, 2001 - 10:08 PM

Just got back from Anaheim round one. The 250 heats and first 125 heat were worth the price of admission alone! Ferry had to drop out of the main with what looked like a flat back tire. In the heats he looked good, but I never heard the bike on the limiter like Button used to ride. It's hard to know who is faster on the bike, but Button was more exciting to watch. I won't ruin the race, catch it on espn2 if you can!

GLEN

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.