Spark plug cap assembly?

4 replies to this topic
  • aag800

Posted January 04, 2001 - 05:46 PM

Long story short. I unscrewed the plug contact out of the boot on my '99 400 out of curiosity and without noticing which came first, a spring and a resistor fell to the floor. If anyone knows which goes back in first or if it matters, I would appreciate the help. Thanks in advance. Later! :)

• Boit

Posted January 04, 2001 - 07:03 PM

The microfiche doesn't even break the plug cap assembly down to it's components. If you try to reassemble it both ways, does one seem like more of a natural fit that the other way.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aag800

Posted January 05, 2001 - 04:03 PM

It seems to go together fine either way!

[This message has been edited by akg800 (edited 01-05-2001).]

• aag800

Posted January 07, 2001 - 01:34 PM

I know someone has had their's apart or someone who has their bike apart for the winter could check it out for me! Help!

• blbainb

Posted January 07, 2001 - 07:40 PM

First put in the spring then the resistor then screw in the retainer.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.