Big Bore jetting

2 replies to this topic
  • CanadianWR450

Posted April 01, 2010 - 05:07 AM

I have a post started in the jetting section already, but thought I'd try here too....

I'm going with a Athena 480 big bore kit....

From my searches and such, it appears you jet leaner for the big bore.

kit is not delivered yet, so I do not know if the instructions get into jetting or not.

Anyone have any experience with this?
How much leaner in general, and is it leaner throughout, or just the main, or just the needle?

Thanks for any help!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wondermuscle

Posted April 01, 2010 - 07:14 AM

I have a post started in the jetting section already, but thought I'd try here too....

I'm going with a Athena 480 big bore kit....

From my searches and such, it appears you jet leaner for the big bore.

kit is not delivered yet, so I do not know if the instructions get into jetting or not.

Anyone have any experience with this?
How much leaner in general, and is it leaner throughout, or just the main, or just the needle?

Thanks for any help!

When I bored my 426 to a 444 I used the same needle but went one smaller on the main and had to adjust the fuel screw. You only need to go a little leaner. The bike will probably run without changing your jetting, but you will fine tune it afterwards.

• CanadianWR450

Posted April 01, 2010 - 10:30 AM

Thanks,....

I'm still researching...going to drop the main down one for sure....still debating on the needle/clip though....
I'm thinking I may have been just a tad rich to begin with, and I was going to drop the needle one clip if I left the bike alone. I'm also adding a SS Megabomb though.

I also have a email into Mr. JD, and I'm sure he will have some wisdom to share...:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.