yz400f just got bike no manual quick ?

8 replies to this topic
  • studlyrocker1234

Posted March 31, 2010 - 05:37 PM

can someone dig out there manual and tell me the stock float height for this bike its a 99 yz400f. and where to measure from when adjusting the float. i just kicked this carbs but and got the bike running great but i didnt touch the float and i believe it could be better if i take the carb back off and set the float to the stock specs or at least make sure it is right on spec. thanks fellas and i owe whoever an ice cold oberon!! back in season babay!

• studlyrocker1234

Posted March 31, 2010 - 06:33 PM

:):thumbsup::lol:

• JandJ07

Posted March 31, 2010 - 06:36 PM

Sticky: Common Threads: Look here 1st! Mods, Maintenance, Common Issues and FAQ's

• grayracer513

Posted March 31, 2010 - 07:09 PM

http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • studlyrocker1234

Posted April 01, 2010 - 04:17 AM

i cant get that link nor the other link in the faq's section to prove worthy for me. i did look there first :thumbsup: but oh well ill just buy one eventually. thanks for the help

• grayracer513

Posted April 01, 2010 - 07:10 AM

They work fine here. Try again.

• studlyrocker1234

Posted April 01, 2010 - 07:49 AM

yeah the link works but when i open the manual in adobe it just says an error occured that cannot be recovered. just installed adobe fresh copy of it and it dun work so ill just buy one. thanks anyway and thanks for trying felllllllaaaaaaaaaaaas

• grayracer513

Posted April 01, 2010 - 08:41 AM

Try to use the euro link instead. Let me know if that fails. You could also use an alternate manual like the 98, or the one for the 2000 YZ426. Most of the info in either will be applicable.

• sacfelix

Posted April 01, 2010 - 06:18 PM

The float height is 9.0mm

1. Remove the float chamber
2. Lightly touch the float to ensure the float is seated
3. Hold the carburetor so the float valve remains seated, but the spring loaded pin in the valve is not being compressed by the tab on the float(The tab should only touch the pin)
4. Measure the distance from the carburetor gasket surface to the highest point on the float
5. If the float height is incorrect, remove the float from the carburetor and bend the float tab in the appropriate direction to raise or lower the float. Recheck the height after adjusting the float
6. Install the float chamber and reinstall the carb.

GOOD LUCK!

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.