YZ450 Stalling on quick take-off with Rekluse

9 replies to this topic
  • kennymac131

Posted March 30, 2010 - 08:29 PM

Anyone have a similar problem and if so what did you do about it?

I'm new to the rekluse to any advice would be appreciated. Still getting used to it.

If I try to take off quickly - lots of throttle - my bike stalls. The only other time it stalls is at low speed and I give it a handfull.

I'm thinking I should adjust the stall speed of the rekluse before I start messin with the carb but I don't want to get it to a point where it will jump off the line in a gradual start.

Anyone?

Thanks
Ken

• eazrider

Posted March 31, 2010 - 05:25 AM

What model rekluse, and what model 450....

Anyone have a similar problem and if so what did you do about it?

I'm new to the rekluse to any advice would be appreciated. Still getting used to it.

If I try to take off quickly - lots of throttle - my bike stalls. The only other time it stalls is at low speed and I give it a handfull.

I'm thinking I should adjust the stall speed of the rekluse before I start messin with the carb but I don't want to get it to a point where it will jump off the line in a gradual start.

Anyone?

Thanks
What model rekluse, and what model 450..?
Ken

• WB450

Posted March 31, 2010 - 06:41 AM

© Rekluse Motor Sports . 110 E. 43rd St. Boise, ID 83714 . phone 208.426.0659 . fax 208.672.1318

• Gunner354

Posted March 31, 2010 - 06:44 AM

Sounds like you are lean.

• kennymac131

Posted March 31, 2010 - 06:53 AM

2004 YZ450F
Z-Start

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • eazrider

Posted April 01, 2010 - 04:55 AM

I had a Z-start on my 2004. I also had a handle bar mount adjuster, but it isn't really necessary, just convenient. What I found is the Rekluse demands that you have your carb jetted properly. as the clutch decouples from the rear wheel from the engine when the engine dies, (due to burrping the throttle like a lot of fellows do on a 2 stroke) or whacking the throttle open suddenly and then slamming it shut. You get a burst of fuel from the accellerator pump and the engine then stalls when you slam the throttle closed. On a stock bike, you can roll the throttle back on and the engine catches and off you go, no problem. With the ReKluse, there is no connection between the engine and rear wheel, so every time the engine dies, you notice it. What I found is that it required me to become smoother with the throttle, and to roll it on, not grabbing a hand ful as I did on my 2 stroke. Also, with the handlebar mounted adjuster, you can raise the point that the clutch engages, which allows you to set the idle a bit faster, which also works to keep the engine from stalling so easily, and masks what might be less than ideal carburetor jetting. As a side benefit, it makes you pay more attention to throttle control and you become a smoother rider. The engagement point can also be changed by using the stiffer "fixed" spring ReKluse provides with the install kit, but you are stuck with the rate they feel works best. The handlebar adjuster allows the engagement (RPM)point to be truly adjustable.

• 2005Yamaha

Posted April 01, 2010 - 11:09 AM

I have the same problem ocasionally on a 08 yz450 w/ Rekluse Pro & GYTR offroad flyweight.
I have the stock pilot jet as I was told rekluses like lean jetting. I think the solution may be the merge adjustable leak jet.

• TD-3

Posted April 01, 2010 - 05:58 PM

I have run the Rekluse on a 03 and an 06 YZ450, both bikes I had to go down one size on the pilot and adjust the fuel screw for the conditions. The only downside is the lean backfire on decel, which most people spend way too much time worrying about anyway.

• Yzf_Buz

Posted December 21, 2010 - 03:05 PM

So on my ride an 06 yz450 I have a Mega bomb header and Carbon-Ti muffler and the carb is jetted for this set up along with a boysen quick shot and a quick adjust screw what would I have to do if I put thie rekluse in as far as carb jetting is concerned?

• JDLowrance

Posted December 23, 2010 - 09:33 PM

clean your accelerator pump and passage.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.