WR400 "Basket Case" build

22 replies to this topic
  • schony

Posted April 10, 2010 - 07:52 AM

Shit ya!! Finally got my parts lol. I'm going camping this weekend but will be putting the engine back together monday. Will post pictures

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • schony

Posted April 13, 2010 - 06:54 PM

Got some updates for everyone. Things are going good hope to have it finished up tomorrow.

Heated up crank bearing and put crank in freezer and it slid together great!

Posted Image

It said to put sealant on "all mating surfaces" but I wasn't sure about this port threw the case... I put sealant around there anyway pretty sure this is correct right?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Case with sealant on it ready to be "glued" in place

Posted Image

Warming up bearing
Posted Image

Torquing to 106 inlb
Posted Image

The famous "killer key-way" was also replaced
Posted Image

• schony

Posted October 08, 2010 - 07:07 AM

Well I bet i've put 65-70 hours on this beast this year so far and it runs awesome! Couldn't be happier, never left me stranded or with a single problem. Going to rock her untill the 2012 bikes come out and get something new :-)

Just a little update

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.