DYNA FS Ignition curves

5 replies to this topic
  • unclemd

Posted March 29, 2010 - 02:18 PM

Just received a email about the DYNA FS for all years on the WR450F. Here is a pic showing the Ignition advance on all 4 curves. Thinking about one of these myself hope the info helps other people out.

Posted Image

• erickdj

Posted March 29, 2010 - 02:35 PM

Looks like a nice timing advance there. Do they have a chart showing the difference in torque/hp using the advanced timing? Could be a nice power mod.

Two weeks ago I switched the CDI on my 08 yz450f to one from a 2006 yz, it really modified the power delivery and made the bike even more aggressive than it already was. The boost down low was very nice, but it pretty much killed any traction that was left at half-throttle and beyond. I think the wr could benefit from a good ignition curve change. My wr already has yz exhaust and 06 yz cams, it still feels a bit too "tame", I'm inclined to think it's the CDI timing...

• unclemd

Posted March 29, 2010 - 02:43 PM

Yea seems like a nice curve not sure if its worth the $300 but i'm coming to a point where power is starting to cost more and more per small increase. Already installed a full exhaust, JD Jet kit, Hot Cams intake and exhaust. My problem is that the steady throttle stutter is more noticeable now with the mods. Hoping the ignition would help fix the problem. I know the vortex x10 does but don't want to spend that much money.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • erickdj

Posted March 29, 2010 - 03:52 PM

Yea seems like a nice curve not sure if its worth the $300 but i'm coming to a point where power is starting to cost more and more per small increase. Already installed a full exhaust, JD Jet kit, Hot Cams intake and exhaust. My problem is that the steady throttle stutter is more noticeable now with the mods. Hoping the ignition would help fix the problem. I know the vortex x10 does but don't want to spend that much money.

Yeah, sounds like you've reached that point where every extra HP will come at a high premium. Are you using the bike on the street? I ask because that's usually where people experience the steady throttle stutter.

• unclemd

Posted March 29, 2010 - 04:21 PM

Yea I do use the bike on the street a little and it is where I notice the stutter the most. Seems like lugging the bike in a higer gear isn't an option on the street have to keep the revs up to eliminate the stutter.

• ASternad

Posted March 30, 2010 - 05:51 AM

I have the FS ignition and it did cure the stutter.
I have not yet played with the extra curves, but I do have a handlebar switch waiting to be put into use with it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.