Broke off the hard start cable holder at the carb

8 replies to this topic
  • Parx_400

Posted March 29, 2010 - 11:30 AM

SO I was rotating my carb and a broke off the plastic holder where the hot start goes in the carb. How do I fix this? I cant see how you undo the cable at the carb side.

05 wr450

• SecaXJ

Posted March 29, 2010 - 01:45 PM

I just had to order one myself....

• nhalbrecht

Posted March 29, 2010 - 02:09 PM

yup, same here, had to buy a new one too, just stripped the plastic threads

Posted March 30, 2010 - 08:18 AM

sounds like one to bookmark for future...just in case..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • phynx

Posted March 30, 2010 - 08:53 AM

Very common.. A new OEM one will be about $3.26. If your gonna be jetting all the time I would get the nice Alum one. If not, gently loosen it up before you rotate your carb next time. I had to learn that one too ($) when I first got my wr.

• Parx_400

Posted March 30, 2010 - 09:44 PM

any ideas on how to get the broken one out? The threads are still in the carb.

• Summit

Posted March 31, 2010 - 05:37 AM

Yeah, the mechanic at my dealer was showing me how to rotate the carb for jetting home and bike was running bad, found the plastic part you are talking about was stripped out. As mentioned, the aluminum aftermarket piece fixes it.

• phynx

Posted March 31, 2010 - 12:57 PM

any ideas on how to get the broken one out? The threads are still in the carb.

Parx, you should be able to find a fat extractor that size. If not use a tight fit flat head and unscrew it out. It is just plastic

• SecaXJ

Posted March 31, 2010 - 01:34 PM

Parx, received my replacement nut from Zipty today. Had it installed in under 30 minutes. I removed the tank so it was easier to get to. Just push the spring up and turn the plunger 90 degrees so the cable end will come out. Slide on new nut, spring and install plunger at 90 degress to insert cable. Done deal.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.