Gave the 426 a little facelift

11 replies to this topic
  • PAKDXYZ

Posted March 29, 2010 - 05:39 AM

Tore the bike down last week to clean and repack all the bearings, check the valves etc. Figures while I was at it I would finally put on the graphics I bought a while back.

Before
Posted Image

And After

Posted Image

I think it came out pretty good. The side number plates are the most difficult to put on...much patience.

• WB450

Posted March 29, 2010 - 07:50 AM

Looks good.

• pembell

Posted March 29, 2010 - 10:11 AM

A definite improvement!

Did you change the seat too?

• PAKDXYZ

Posted March 29, 2010 - 11:29 AM

A definite improvement!

Did you change the seat too?

that is actually the stock seat, put it back on since it looked good with these graphics.

• myoung

Posted March 29, 2010 - 12:44 PM

Looks nice! :thumbsup:

• Ryan426

Posted March 29, 2010 - 05:50 PM

My jaw dropped......

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted April 01, 2010 - 08:05 PM

My jaw dropped......

Very Nice. Looks good. I have some follow-up Pics to post. I cracked my tank late last year and just now got my 426 back together with a new Clarke Tank and Graphics. Many thanks to MX642 for the help... Will post Pics soon...

• husqy360

Posted April 02, 2010 - 01:26 AM

almost like new, does it actully ride any better after all the work you did(bearings valves.........)?

• shovelhead1

Posted April 02, 2010 - 08:15 AM

That looks great. What a difference! I've been thinking about putting the black number plate graphics on my bike. Looks like you made up my mind for me.

• fosbibr

Posted April 02, 2010 - 01:05 PM

I have those FLU graphics on my WR (yes they say YZF) and they have held up well.

I should take some pics - 'brothers from another mother'

• husqy360

Posted April 03, 2010 - 01:17 AM

almost like new.

• PAKDXYZ

Posted April 04, 2010 - 04:29 AM

almost like new, does it actully ride any better after all the work you did(bearings valves.........)?

No, repacking the bearings is just normal maintenance, I would never let them get to the point it would affect how the bike rode. And the valves were within spec, so no adjustment needed. I kind of knew they were good before I opened it up because the bike always starts on the 1st or 2nd kick.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.