'06 WR450 fuel screw help

2 replies to this topic
  • bkridin

Posted March 28, 2010 - 05:19 PM

My bike will not start after sitting for a couple of months so I thought I would replace the pilot jet. As long as I was in there I purchased an MSR fuel screw to replace my stock screw. In the package was just a screw, spring and an oring. Can I assume that the spring goes onto the screw then the oring on the end. It seems to me that there should be a flat washer between the spring and the oring, true? When I pulled the stock screw out there was only a stock brass screw a flat washer,spring and no oring. Looked up the hole with a mirror since the carb is only dangling by the cables and could not see anything up in the hole.
I guess my question is does the stock mixture screw have an oring and another washer between the spring and oring. Should the MSR replacement have a washer between the spring and oring?

Thanks for your help!

Bob

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 28, 2010 - 06:28 PM

Your stock screw had, from bottom to top, a spring, a washer, and an O-ring. The fact that you didn't find the O-ring means that it either fell out, or is still stuck up in the bore.

Your aftermarket screw assembles the same way: screw, spring, washer, O-ring. Don't double up on the O-ring, and don't assemble it without the washer. If necessary, you can remove the float bowl to verify the presence or absence of the old O-ring.

• bkridin

Posted March 29, 2010 - 04:54 AM

Thanks Grayracer,
That it is kinda what I was thinking. It does not appear with a mirror that the oring or washer is stuck in the hole so I suppose it is possible it fell out when I removed the screw without noticing it. For the new screw I guess I will have to find a washer that will fit. I will check with the dealer where I purchased it and let them know it was not in the kit.
Thanks again for your help!

Bob

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.